After 10 years of selling ‘stuff’ across the globe I wanted a business that reflected my need for a mindful life. In 2013 The Indytute was launched in the Christmas gift department of Selfridges. 90 workshops were held over the run up to the festive season as customer's hula hooped, shimmied and paper cut in the middle of the tinsel. It was to be the start of a new kind of gifting. I work with and curate experiences from London’s top talent. The experiences also reflect the changing focus of their customers. Time was when gin was ‘mother’s ruin’, and a paddle board was something you might find on a beach. Gin still might be the ruin of mother, but as least she can enjoy it in the back of mini cooper en route to the finest gin bars in the capital, and Stand Up Paddle Boarding around the waterways of the Regent’s Canal is so much better than being a spectator on the towpath. Indytute will inspire you to take on the capital. The Indytute has been up and running for 6 years and since COVID has put a temporary halt on real life experiences has recently launched WFH Wellness and Experiences. Order 1 - 100 creative kits delivered to your staff across the UK and enjoy time over Zoom together doing something mindful or just really, brilliant fun.
+ Show more
- The Good Times CardWe provide the nudge that encourages friends to go out and share a bit of the unexpected, together. Our gift card gives you access to 100’s of experiences across the UK, and not any old experiences. Our partners are selected simply because we love what they’re doing. We want you to use your card for some of life’s mini adventures. Access to unique sports, undiscovered retreats, brilliant festivals, music, food, tours - think it, we’ve got it. Watch our Christmas ad - I think it's safe to say no
- Indytute Indy-House! Working from Home Wellness & ExperiencesWith COVID-19 and London life and experiences taking a tumble The Indytute quickly pivoted into experiences that you can still do at home with a kit delivered to your door. From sculpting clay, sourdough to Kintsugi. Real life creative experiences with online masterclasses. Since launching Indy-House, The Indytute has picked up more B2B clients than ever before with companies looking at ways to engage staff remotely. From small teams of 5 trying their hand at Origami to up to 75 people tasting
- The Indytute choose ShopifyWith the help of Thishe.re and We Launch we built The Indytute on Shopify. As a small business it's such a relief to have understandable metrics and be able to add and pages quickly. Excellent working with Jemima at This Here - detailed web planning and excellent mobile execution. Adding new features in 2018. Watch this space.
- The Indytute Insider - DOMINIC COOLS-LARTIGUE - Founder of Street Feast, takes you on a boozy tour around the capitalIf I was planning a night out, drinking all kinds of cocktails across the capital, it's only right that I start where I grew up, in Portobello. Naturally the area has changed dramatically down the years, however Goldborne Road still retains something of the spirit I remember from my youth. The 108 Garage there, not only makes great cocktails, but is also my favourite restaurant in the area. Staying true to the owners’ Italian roots, they serve a decent Sbagliato here, so we can kick things off appropriately with an aperitivo. This ‘messed up’ Negroni, uses a light sparkling wine instead of gin. You can enjoy this very simply at the bar with their delicious whipped butter, taramasalata, chicken liver mousse and homemade bread.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Branding for The GoodTimes CardCalypso Rose founder of The Indytute came to us with a challenge for her new business The GoodTimes Card. Hadrien Chatelet of The Wern was tasked with creating a cut-through brand for a giftcard experience that clearly differentiated it from the traditional dull voucher (yawn).