Hi there! I'm Catarina, a visual artist currently living in London, UK. I have developed my artistic practice due to my experience as a freelance photographer in arts organisations, including The Barbican Centre and Kettle’s Yard. Besides my personal work touching upon themes such as psychogeography and memory, I have arts administration and production skills from my role as vice-president of the Photographic Society at University of Cambridge and work placement at Film and Video Umbrella. As a recent graduate of a Film Studies degree, I have broadened my expertise and understanding on the influence of photography in film.
- Solitude Within a Multitude"Solitude Within Multitude" is a 16mm experimental short film depicting the feeling of displacement caused by the fear of self-discovery. The main character walks without a final destination in mind as if there is nothing that could get her attention. Written, directed and shot by Catarina Rodrigues & Daniela Florez
- She Made It - Short FilmIn October 2016 I went to Turkey on a cultural interchange for 2 weeks with the UK registered charity and non-profit company Balik Arts. During this time I was given the opportunity to appear in front of the camera as the main character in the short-film She Made It directed by Lud Mônaco. Its world premiere was at the 16th Dhaka International Film Festival and has travelled to other renowned film festivals, such as the 64th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Catarina Rodrigues“Why would you want to spend the rest of eternity with a bunch of Christians anyways?” Asked Sam, as his elongated fingers rolled an uneven crooked joint. The scent from the weed blended seamlessly with the wet worn-out leaves surrounding them. They all sat there in silence; eyes lost on the marbled clouds contemplating how everything would be different the following year. Mentally preparing for whatever bullshit the universe had in store for them. Different schools, different bullies, differ
- Illustration: Under the Midnight SunWhat is Scandinavian style? Can it be designed and if so, how? This catalogue accompanies the project UNDER THE MIDNIGHT SUN, which discusses these questions in visual experiments. Five different approaches are used to illustrate eight poems by the Swedish poet Karin Boye. The poems reflect central values and characteristics of Scandinavian style and feel. The typeface Sweden Sans, which is used by the Swedish government and state for official and promotional material, has been used throughout
Digital InternSarabande Foundation
London, United KingdomInternship
Assisting the Digital Coordinator in the creation of video series; Filming and photographing Sarabande’s events; Responsible for the post-production of the material recorded; Coordinating the social media channels; Assisting the organisation in the promotion of events; Helping with general tasks required to run the foundation.
Creative work placementLivity
- London, United KingdomInternship
During my work placement at Livity, I received training on how to interpret a creative brief and produce visual content to match the brief. One of my briefs involved looking at the most interesting platforms and technology out there and research upcoming launches and interesting technology which is in development. Due to my background in film, my research was on the influence of film on ads and new video trends, including visual references from different art mediums.
+ Show more
- Visual Arts
- Art Direction
- Premiere Pro
- Adobe Lightroom
MA Computational ArtsGoldsmiths, University of London
London, United Kingdom
1st Class Honours: BA Film StudiesAnglia Ruskin University
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
Besides developing my directing and editing skills, I broadened my expertise and understanding on the influence of photography in film and received a top mark for my dissertation on the photographic influence of Nordic landscape in Swedish film.