Hi, I’m Catherine, owner and designer at Cultivate. I set out on my own in 2017 - bringing 20 years of graphic design experience from my years working for large firms - the realisation of a simple belief that good design helps businesses grow and an ambition to help them achieve it. My focus is on brand identity and design for print and digital marketing communications, combining a blend of strategy and design to create meaningful work for my clients. My aim is to help businesses grow, ensuring brands makes an impact, so I spend time getting to know my clients, delivering work they can be proud of. Good design brings business strategy to life and I believe in the value it can bring to business. I help businesses get their message out there with beautiful, engaging designs that connect with their audience, telling the story of your brand and business.
- Arup: Telling the story of a 50 year contribution in Manchester.Experiential interior branding to help celebrate the opening of a new office for global engineering consultant Arup, in Manchester. To celebrate the opening of their new office in Manchester, engineering consultant Arup wanted to personalise the space and enhance the experience for employees and visitors. It was decided an exhibition of projects, delivered by their Manchester teams since the founding of the firm in 1946, would be the perfect way to acknowledge their contribution and tell the s
- Arup: Designing an event identity for an ambitious development.The Londoner is one of the most ambitious schemes ever to be developed in London's West End. Back in 2017 the first phase of the staggering construction project involved tunneling 30 metres deep below Leicester Square, creating a vast square hole in London’s urban landscape, clearly seen from above. On completion of this phase an official bottoming out ceremony was planned with engineering consultant Arup to celebrate. It was decided a booklet and large format presentation boards would be crea
- SusiRed: A bold brand identity for a new vision in online shopping.SusiRed is a new kind of online shopping experience in the beauty industry, offering a unique blend of salon professional products, supported by expert advice and guidance on all things health, hair and beauty. Project summary: Brand Strategy, Identity, Guidelines, Implementation, Print, Digital
- James Hardie: Promotional materials for international cladding manufacturer.Having merged with building materials manufacturer Fermacell in 2018, James Hardie wanted to bring together their full range of interior and exterior building products into a suite of new collateral aimed at architects and house builders across the commercial and residential markets. The suite of materials marks a new era for the business with a fresh new look that showcases their full range of interior and exterior buildings products as a one stop shop solution. Project summary: Graphic Desi
- HLM Architects: Communicating a brand philosophy.HLM Architects is one of the UK's leading architectural practices with offices across the UK and overseas, delivering architecture, landscape and interior design services to a diverse range of clients. In 2019 HLM had a vision to rebrand the practice with a new identity that would reflect their philosophy of placing thoughtful design at the heart of their business. Working with The Cafeteria in Sheffield on the brand design, HLM then asked Cultivate to develop and implement the new brand acros
- Cultivate: Brand identity and website to launch a new design business.Brand strategy, naming and brand identity to reflect a simple mission - to help businesses grow. The name Cultivate was borne out of a desire to reflect the company's mission through the business name - to help businesses grow and achieve engagement for clients through the creation of strong and memorable design experiences. Having gone through a brand strategy process, the identity was developed to reflect a sense of creativity, optimism and pragmatism, in our simplistic, bold design style.