A highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic First-Class graduate of English Literature and Creative Writing at Lancaster University. Passionate about the written word, content creation and the editorial sphere of work. Proven experience in copywriting, journalism, editing and transcribing, I am now eager to expand my skillset and broaden my artistic horizons in the creative industry. Adaptable, efficient and excited about new technologies and methods of conveying ideas across social media. Currently running a WordPress blog and taking courses in SEO and digital marketing to broaden my skillset.
- Is Your Creative Writing Degree Really Worth It?(First published in SCAN: Student Comment and News) When choosing my degree, the only viable option was Creative Writing. I simply couldn’t do anything else. All I have ever been remotely good at is writing. Everyone advised me against it. It was pointless. It was a bit pretentious. It was impractical. It wasn’t going to get me a good career. Stubbornly, I sent my UCAS applications off anyway. Sorry, Mum and Dad. I went to a lot of open days, and the thing I realised pretty quickly is that m
Video TranscriberLancaster University Marketing Department
- Lancaster, United KingdomPart Time
• Transcribed video footage for the Lancaster University Marketing Team, with immaculate attention to detail. • Compiled timestamps of noteworthy footage to include in a promotional video for prospective students. • Created a thorough and well-developed Promotional Video Content Plan for the Marketing Team. • Edited appropriate video clips and soundbites, with a focus on energizing material to effectively persuade candidates to study at Lancaster University. • Gained first-hand experience shadowing the Lancaster University Marketing Team.
Content CreatorFairfield Association
- Lancaster, United KingdomInternship
• Interned as part of a vibrant, creative team to create a promotional video for an environmental charity and conservation group. • Collected video footage on the Fairfield Nature Reserve using professional camera equipment. • Interviewed local residents and volunteers at the Fairfield Association. • Transcribed interviews and timestamped noteworthy answers using Excel Spreadsheets. • Gained experience in the use of Final Cut Pro and Adobe Suite during the editing of the final product.
+ Show more
- Digital Journalism
- Content Creation
- Blog Writing