A little bit about me: I’m a creative designer and director with a wealth of experience across the retail, arts and cultural sectors. I’m a self starter, able to work both autonomously and under direction. My formal education was as a graphic designer, but I also illustrate, storyboard, direct and produce still and moving image. I’m an ideas generator, have a very keen eye for detail and relish new challenges, however big or small. I’m always calm under pressure, am able to communicate clearly to peers and colleagues a like, and pride myself on my ability to quickly develop strong, intuitive and trusting relationships. I’m friendly and approachable, equally content working as part of a team as I am leading one. I’m always happy to roll up my sleeves and get stuck in – no challenge is too big or small – no cup of tea one too many. I‘m a highly-motivated, hard-working, hands-on creative, but I’m also a great listener, no matter where I am or what I’ve achieved, I always think there’s more to learn – ‘we are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master’ – or so some fella named Hemingway said. I have over fifteen years experience through a combination of in-house and freelancing roles, from Creative Director of the National Theatre to my most recent role as International Creative Director at The Body Shop. As my CV shows, whilst I have previously worked at Creative Director level, I remain an experienced and hands on graphic designer, able to artwork, proof, print buy and send artwork to print. Whilst the majority of my experience is within the arts sector, I am keen to broaden my influences and experiences. A small selection of my work is included in my profile here, but please visit my website for the most up to date and a broader spectrum of work. Please drop me a line about any projects!
- National Theatre @ 50October 2013 saw the National Theatre celebrate 50 years at the forefront of British theatre. Celebrations consisted of exhibitions, special performances, a pop-up retail space selling specially commissioned limited edition prints, an ipad app, and culminated in a live BBC 2 broadcast. I was personally responsible for branding and creative behind the motion graphics, whilst also creatively directing my in-house design team to deliver print and digital assets across the campaign.
- Shopping and E*ting2013 saw the National Theatre celebrate its 50th year – a six month celebration including exhibitions, performances, live TV broadcasts and pop-up retail and dining space, Shopping and E*ting. I was part of the core team responsible for developing the concept of the pop-up space, personally creating the branding and roll out across various printed and digital media, in addition to commissioning artists Michael Craig Martin, Paula Scher, Jamie Reid, David Carson and Graphic Thought Facility, Rud
- HouseWorking with the in-house commercial operations team, I was part of the team responsible for realising and delivering the interior and branding for House restaurant and bar. I was personally involved in the naming and tone of voice for the space, creatively directing the branding, whilst overseeing the roll out across menus and uniforms, with the dedicated responsive website handled by the in-house digital team.
- BookshopI worked as part of the core team to deliver one of London’s newest independent retail spaces. Taking influence from the architecture and the details of the retail environment, I worked alongside interior designer Callum Lumsden and the in-house Commercial Operations team to create the identity. The design was rolled out by the in-house design team across disposables, uniforms, POS and the e-commerce site.
+ View all
Projects credited in
Creative DirectorCharlotte Wilkinson Studio
London, United KingdomFreelance
I work in a freelance capacity across a variety of projects, the biggest of which was creating the English National Ballet’s season images. Other clients included Headlong Theatre, Hunter Design and Spy Studio.
International Creative Director The Body Shop
- London, United KingdomFull Time
In my role as International Creative Director I was the brand guardian responsible for developing and driving the creative direction of The Body Shop to effectively communicate the brand vision to both internal and external stakeholders. I managed and creatively guided the 21 strong in-house design studio across multi-channels including store, digital, photography, art direction, editorial, content, packaging, gifting, POS and film. I continuously developed, inspired, motivated and challenged the team to generate a unique and stunning brand vision and tone of voice, that penetrated and impacted the global beauty market, developing a brand personality that resonated with customers of all ages, on all sides of the world. In addition to leading the in-house team I commissioned and developed global campaigns with numerous creative agencies. I provided creative leadership, direction, mentoring and coaching to the highly skilled and multidisciplinary in-house creative team. I endeavoured to bring to life a creative vision that propelled the company forward whilst respecting the brands values, heritage and ethos, simultaneously defining and driving the brand strategy. I represented the in-house team and presented creative work to all levels of the organisation, including the Executive Board, CEO and Zone teams.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Art Direction
- Production Management
- Creative Direction
- Online Campaigns
- Outdoor Campaigns
- Print Campaigns
- Brand Strategy