I would describe myself as an outgoing individual who is organised, enthusiastic, and creatively driven. I am a multidisciplinary designer with an artistic flair who aims to create work that is visually engaging yet commercially viable. My design practice and thinking highlights my interest in pushing boundaries between art and design, with a keen drive to make people question design and create work that people can connect with and instantly relate to.
- Out of ContextAn exhibition created with the desire to explore the conceptual in relation to the practical, to investigate how boundaries could be pushed and subjects merged. I invited people to experience the everyday design that makes up our urban environment, presenting common things in an unfamiliar or strange way in order to enhance the perception of the familiar.
- Auto-Destructive Art InstillationA non-conventional poster produced for the Auto-Destructive Art Exhibition at the Tate Britain. Using the context of the exhibition as my starting point I wanted to challenge the conventions of a poster and be experimental with materials. I produced the poster from balloons, over time the balloons would de-construct themselves by deflating.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Typographic BillboardA short typographic collaborative brief with Graphic Design students at Sheffield Hallam University and 13 students in an advanced typography class with Professor Erik Brandt in Minneapolis College of Art & Design, in Minnesota, US. The students at MCAD produced the first billboard around topics/messages they feel are important to them. From this we had to respond by choosing our own important topics and collaboratively created a billboard of our typographic/symbolic outcomes.
- Typographic Billboard - CollabA short and sweet typographic brief lead by Pam Bowman, where Sheffield Hallam's Graphic Design students worked together in collaboration with the students Minneapolis College of Art & Design lead by Professor Erik Brandt. I wanted to practice using my lettering skills for a commercial sense, and thought this was the perfect opportunity to, where I worked with a Sheffield Hardcore band called Grave. Billboard Picture Credit: Elisa Rustemi
- Sheffield Hallam University, BA (Hons) Graphic DesignThis course teaches the principles of Graphic Design and experiments with materials, processes and technology to develop professional, practical skills in this continually expanding field. Students are encouraged to: Experiment with a variety of techniques and materials, both traditional and future-facing. Develop the confidence to deal with new technologies and propose innovative, creative solutions. Work with practicing designers who bring their experience and networks to the course. Develop30
+ Show more
+ Show more
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe XD
- Art Direction
- Creative Thinking
Excellent in Work Based Learning AwardSheffield Hallam UniversityHaving completed a placement year at University, Chloe worked at various different design studios to advance her knowledge and explore her different interests in design. Consequently, she was awarded an EWBL by Sheffield Institute of Arts in recognition of her learning and development during her year in industry.