I’m a writer, editor and creative consultant based in London. I’m the founder and editor of Riposte, an independent magazine for women. Alongside the Riposte editorial platform, I run Riposte Studio, where we work with brands such as adidas, Ace & Tate, Toast, Nike and COS. I’m always open to freelance opportunities.
- Self-care As WarfareIllustrations by Dai Ruiz Self-care As Warfare The idea of “self-care” is new to me. I spent the last few years super-nomadic without a space or home to call my own. I barely cooked and just ate whatever was easy and around at the time. I never worked out: “I walk everywhere and that’s enough!” I told myself. My sleeping patterns were off and I had no sense of stability in any form whatsoever. I was broken-hearted and broken down, but my desire to feel all the richness that life has to offer st
- The University of the UndergroundThe star of our first cover, designer of experiences Nelly Ben Hayoun, is one of those people who are capable of achieving the impossible. Creating dark energy in a kitchen sink? Done. Creating a volcano in a living room? Done. Recreating the experience of a sonic boom? Done. Directing an international space orchestra at NASA who perform with the likes of Savages and Sigur Ros? DONE! In person she practically fizzes with an unstoppable energy – a passionate energy she invests into everything sh
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Stories of Growth — Season 2YESTERDAY WAS INTERNATIONAL WOMENS' DAY To celebrate the important occasion and all the womxn out there, we released Season 2 of our weekly Stories of Growth podcast. This month, we shine a light specifically on all of the inspiring female founders igniting positive change around the globe and remind ourselves of all the stellar female founders featured on our podcast. Season 2 launches with Siobhan Lyons, fashion director of The September Issues, a magazine celebrating the diversity and po
- Riposte x Above Sea Level — Female Winemakers Shaking Things upA collaborative event with Riposte magazine, a smart magazine for women, hosted by Riposte's Editor Danielle Pender and Aimee Hartley, editor of Above Sea Level magazine. We hosting a relaxed wine tasting with a small group of women from the creative industries, where we chatted and tasted through a selection of wines from incredible female winemakers from around the globe who are doing things their own way.
- Riposte #9Issue #9 is here to brighten up your winter. She is packed with fascinating women, inspiring stories and features to feed your brain. Have a look over what we've created for you and order your copy below. We have honest and up front conversations with a cast of powerfully brilliant women including trans activist and writer Janet Mock, director Melina Matsoukas, iconic graphic designer Sheila Levrant de Bretteville, Maria Alyokhina of Pussy Riot and fashion designer Peggy Noland. Elsewhere we ba83
- 25 top creative industry events to get involved with this yearWant to make this the year to join a creative community or career support network? Ready to knuckle down on acing a professional quality, like commercialising yourself or making all-important freelance contacts? Maybe you’ve just got the creative thirst for learning, listening and being inspired by creative luminaries? Whatever your reasons, we’ve put together a pocket size list of organisers and their live events that lit up the scene in 2018 - ones that we think you should keep your eyes on ov111
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFreelance
Powered by the team behind Riposte Magazine our new creative studio is a place where we connect our clients with audiences through creative content that is interesting, inspiring and beautiful. Riposte Studio brings the same thoughtful approach to creating work for our clients as we do when creating content for our readers and a wider audience. We treat each commercial project as a collaboration working closely with our partners to get a full understanding of what they want to achieve and the messages they want to share. https://www.ripostestudio.co/
London, United KingdomFull Time
Riposte is a smart magazine for women. We're a new magazine which offers intelligent content and inspirational women in a beautifully designed format. We profile bold and fascinating women whose achievements speak for themselves. Our interviews are honest rather than being full of media trained responses, as the women we feature candidly discuss their successes, failures, work and passions.
+ Show more
- Online Media
- Art History