Sound Design and Composition freelancer based in the UK. Graduated from Edinburgh Napier University in 2017 with a 2:1 in Sound Design. Specialities lie in sonic branding, including building a specialised audio identity for brands. I take sound seriously and making my work sound progressively better is my goal. I have also studied sound production and have released music with a number of influential outlets throughout the world. I believe these skills and knowledge help bring a new perspective to my sound design work.
- Composition for Short FilmThis next project is a collaboration with a friend and artist/film maker. This style of composition was something new to me. It was fun and challenging getting my head around new techniques, but ultimately it was a freeing experience and definitely a style I want to work more on in the future.
- Audio Branding - Manga Sonic Logo & IdentPortfolio piece redesigning the sonic side of Manga's logo. This was designed to be the at the beginning of every piece of media released by the comany to create a more coherent audio identity. This project was not created with the companies consent, but to showcase my abilities in sonic branding for my portfolio.
- Smart Art Critique - Edinburgh Napier Dazzle ExhibitionSmart Art Critique is a piece of interactive sound art designed to make the user contemplate their perception of art generally as well as specifically in the context of an exhibition. The project is a multi-speaker set up, which can be implemented to any exhibition space. The speakers play an unidentifiable conversation track until a user activates one of the infrared sensors placed near the speakers. Once activated, this crossfades into specific art criticisms in the form of processed phrases
- Sound Design
- Audio Recording
- Audio Editing
- Audio Mixing
- Sound Production
- Music Production
- Sound Artist
BSc (Hons) Sound DesignEdinburgh Napier University
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
During my time at Edinburgh Napier I studied a wide range of areas within sound, including; sound branding, sound in film/animation, game audio, podcasting, sound for radio dramas, sound effects recording and editing and music production. I also studied modules; Creative Computing, Responsive Environments and Digital Storytelling.
HND (Higher National Diploma)Edinburgh College
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
During my time at Edinburgh College I focussed on electronic music and audio engineering. This was the start of my development of key audio skills such as recording, editing, mixing and mastering. The course balanced theory and practice well and gave me a great footing to eventually move into sound design. The course encouraged creativity, but not at the expense of the theoretical side of audio. It was a place where I could create music using new-to-me resources such as recording equipment.