- Giles Miller Studio / BBCPhotography / Art Direction Cannes, France The BBC Pavilion, a seminal project that was in development for almost two years, is a large-scale organic structure designed by Giles Miller Studio and located on the beach front in Cannes. The building fuses an iconic sculptural aesthetic with highly innovative architectural functionality. The undulating front of the building opens up during the day in a unique and complex mechanical concertina, exposing visitors to open views of the Mediterranean wh
- Giles Miller Studio / KymaPhotography / Art Direction Limassol, Cyprus Translated as ‘wave’ in Cypriot, Kyma is an organic sculpture created by Giles Miller Studio and produced in timber which showcases the pure aesthetic character of the studio’s louvres concept in an arresting static form. A sea of petals are composed to create an undulating form whilst angled individually to accentuate the collective movement through shadow and tone.
- Giles Miller Studio / Sculpture TrailPhotography / Art Direction London, United Kingdom A series of spinning sculptures created by Giles Miller Studio to adorn the famous Carriage Ramp in Deptford. The six human-scale sculptural pieces, all finished in an unimposing matt black finish, create a spectacle through their complex structural makeup which sit floating above landscaping planters.
- Water Journal 5°Editorial Design / Creative & Art Direction. From the tranquil nature of wild swimmers to arrivals and departures reminiscing new chapters of life and a sit down with artist Howard Tangye, we invite you to explore captivating stories from all around the world. Volume 5° features a visit to Tidal Pools by Álvaro Siza in Portugal, a trip to Hong Kong to explore one’s identity and misinterpreted heritage, a solo adventure through a coastal town in South Africa to build a relationship with the lan
- Water Journal 4° Limited EditionEditorial Design / Creative & Art Direction. From the legend of Whiskeytown to an unforgiving coastline of Camelle and warm, pastel-coloured streets of Cuba, we invite you to explore captivating stories from all around the globe. Volume 4° features an interview with a devoted watercolorist and spiritual thinker, Satsuki Shibuya, a three-year-long photographic study of the Andean Patagonia, an other-wordly experience of capturing the scent rain and many more stories by talented contributors who
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Pitch CoolWhat makes a talent cool? There are countless cool talents in our creative community right now, but for the Pitch Cool issue, we have selected a few who stand out above the rest from Africa and the African diaspora. Our cover star is award-winning Jamaican film director Kia Moses. She has been selected alongside 16 other outstanding talent who have been identified as creators and pioneers. Check our talent out on our website here: https://www.thepitchfanzine.com
- Pitch MavericksWho exactly is a Maverick? Is it a person who cracks on with total determination, ignoring all others? Or is it someone who turns against the prevailing wisdom, bringing the crowd along with them in the process? Do Mavericks see the world differently? In this issue we’ve featured a selection of Mavericks who are determined to create great work, change the world for the better, or both. We also introduce for the first time, Mavericks from the community. Men and women who have taken a stand to h
Founder & EditorWater Journal
London, United KingdomFull Time
Water Journal is a London-based bi-annual print publication exploring the beauty and complexity of all things life. Dedicated to the experience and cultural significance of water, it exists to tell honest stories from around the world, whether it’s of a personal matter or on a global scale.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Art Direction
- Brand Design
- Visual Communication
- Web Design
- Creative Direction
- Graphic Design
- Identity Design
- Digital Design
- Editorial Design