- Bradford-By-The-SeaThese seven illustrations were created to accompany the photography of Mark Attwood for his final major project at university. The essence of Attwood's project was to explore the idea of economic problems being a reason for communities to move from one area to another - in this case, Bradford to Morecambe. Trying to put a complicated subject simply, I combined old and modern images of the two locations. I wanted to capture the "industrial" side of Bradford and the "holiday sunshine" of Morecam
- Experimental Comic: "Lost in Translation"As part of a group of Illustrators, we were tasked with creating a page for a comic book: "Lost in Translation". A phrase was generated for each of us on Google Translate, and the story could be anything. I wound up with two pages, and enjoyed making one sinister and the other silly. Some imagery of mine also ended up on the comic's cover.
- Famous Faces/Leonardo DiCapripunTo prove how seriously I take my career, I have turned celebrities into collages and given them silly names. As a spin-off, I decided to see how many puns I could get out of actor Leonardo DiCaprio. (His name; sadly the man was unavailable.) I ended up with twelve, which proved to me that time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. For all puns, please check out my website!
+ View all
Projects credited in
- University of Cumbria, Institute of the Arts, BA (Hons) Graphic Design and BA (Hons) IllustrationIt’s personality, passion and the quality of the work in a portfolio that gets students a job in the creative industries, and that’s what the degree courses in Graphic Design and Illustration at the University of Cumbria develop in our graduates. The extensive feedback, support and guidance students receive throughout their studies means that they leave as flexible, fully prepared, highly motivated, professional designers and illustrators, ready to hit the ground running and with the confidence11
Poster DesignerLoch Arthur
- Beeswing, Dumfries DG2 8PF, UKFreelance
Poster design for Loch Arthur, a farm shop and café in Dumfries and Galloway: detailing upcoming events and charity fundraisers. Each poster took a week maximum.
+ Show more
- Adobe Photoshop
- Graphic Design
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Premiere Pro