Freelance photographer based in London specialising in portrait, music and street photography. My love for underground music and youth culture have led me to document London's music scene, self-publishing photo-book 'Too Many Man: Women of Grime' in 2019, and releasing a second edition in 2021. I've worked with brands such as Nike, Adidas, Facebook and Samsung, and my work has been featured by platforms such as BBC, Creative Review and Clash magazine. I have exhibited work internationally in both solo and group exhibitions, including a solo exhibition at the Adidas HQ in Germany. www.ellieramsden.co.uk
- Too Many Man: Women of Grime (V2)Too Many Man: Women of Grime documents women involved in the UK grime scene, showcasing those behind the scenes and behind the mic. Since the beginning, grime has been a hugely male dominated scene, with women often being much less visible than their male counterparts. Too Many Man seeks to ask why and gives the women of grime a platform to share their thoughts and experiences. First published in 2019 as a limited run of 100 copies, this second edition includes new features, as well as portraits
- 'The Future Is In The Air' - Nike Air Max 90 CampaignI was approached by Nike to shoot the Aix Max 90 campaign in January 2020. The campaign featured a few of London's talented upcoming women in various industries - Sherelle (DJ), Fauzia (DJ), Sasha Keable (Singer), Princess K (Dancer), Ashanti (Footballer) and Frankie Noller (Artist). The photographs were featured in Niketown, London and on the Nike London socials.
- 'The Future Is In The Air' : Zine & Exhibition - Nike CollaborationThe Future Is In The Air is a photo-project which explores the rising female talent in the London music scene and was published as a zine in Feb 2020. Singer-songwriters, MCs, DJs and producers from a variety of genres including R&B, Soul, Grime, DnB and Dubstep were featured. I created all the content and then collaborated with GUAP magazine, who I worked closely with to design the layout of the zine. Nike supported the project, printing 175 copies and hosting an exhibition of the work at the K
- Adidas HQ - Solo Exhibition of 'Too Many Man'I was invited to Adidas HQ in Germany to talk on their Creators for Change panel about diversity and inclusion in August 2019. I was also given the opportunity to have a solo exhibition in HQ with work from my book "Too Many Man" which documents women in the grime scene.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Art Jam @Boxpark ShoreditchArt Jam is a paint party where guests can paint, listen to amazing music, and grab their favourite drinks. Our DJ will be providing the best Hip Hop, R&B and music to get your creative juices flowing. We welcome all skillsets from the Picassos to the first timers, our goal is to ensure you have a great time, while letting loose your artistic skills.3
- Wordplay Issue 19: Digital Lockdown IssueFor Wordplay's Issue 19 Lockdown Digital Edition, I had the pleasure of interviewing the legendary D Double E for the main feature alongside Mike Pattermore, and upcoming soulstress, Pip Millett. Wordplay's digital issue is now available for £3 and all proceeds will go to NHS Hero Support in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak: https://www.wordplaymagazine.com/shop/issue-19-lockdown-digital-edition Special thanks to Nass Festival, Stolen Space Gallery, Canoe Inc and the team behind the cov
- Music Lesson with the London Symphony OrchestraWe ran a YouTube campaign to help the London Symphony Orchestra access and engage new audiences with classical music. We partnered with YouTube creators who spoke to audiences the LSO traditionally struggles to reach. YouTube creators Ruby Granger and Amena Khan helped the LSO attract young student and parent viewers, educating them on how accessible LSO concerts and classical music can be.
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFreelance
Clients: Nike, Bacardi, Channel 4, Facebook, Refinery29, Wordplay magazine, Livity, Help Musicians UK, ASBO magazine, NASS festival, Urban Development, Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, University College London, British Land. Exhibitions: Adidas HQ (Germany), RPS Hundred Heroines: (Un)framing Our Identities (London, Blackpool, Doncaster), 32 Photographers (London), SWGPP (London), Behind the Beat (Brighton), Hardwick Gallery (Cheltenham), Blank Space (Canada). Features: BBC Newsbeat, Clash Magazine, Hundred Heroines (RPS), Creative Review, TMRW mag, Lapp The Brand, The Link Up, The Move, Warm n Easy, Mini Click.
- Architectural Photography
- Editorial Photography
- Advertising Photography
- Portrait Photography
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Film Photography