I am a student studying Illustration and Visual Media at the University of Arts London. I’m currently finishing my second year and I’m looking for positions during my placement year before I finish my degree. I have developed excellent analytical and academic writing skills through my degree. In addition, I have enhanced key communication and teamwork skills through my part-time jobs, including a Cultural Producer, Gallery Assistant and Finance Administrator. As an enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated student, I have always been keen to progress in a role which allows me to increase my responsibilities and provide me with various opportunities to develop my skills.
- Interrogate your instinctsWe go through life continually taking photographs on our phones, often these images are taken in haste and never get thought about again. In this workshop, we were being asked to revisit some of these images in order to interrogate our instincts as an image-maker. We were asked to scroll through our images, choosing at least 5 that were ones we forgot we took. Often we don't take note of our instincts, and these are the pictures that we should use to pick apart our thought process. The aim was t
- Reportage Illustration - Working EnvironmentsThis project was based on Reportage Illustration and so I created some of these illustrations at my work. I work in the British Museum in the Great Court Restaurant which is a fast-paced environment that’s always busy, due to exhibitions and tourists etc. It’s the type of place that works efficiently in the sense of being able to accommodate as many customers as possible in a short time frame. As you can imagine, this can get very hectic. Objectives: - Documenting the daily hustle and bustle
- Reportage Illustration - Atmospheric GigsThe gig I went to was at Alexandra Palace in London, which has a capacity of 10,000 people. It was evident that I would not be able to take an A1 sketchbook with me, as drawing in this size would be impossible, which meant I only took a small A5 sketchbook and a few pens and coloured chalk. I also brought my iPad with me as a backup, because digital drawings are easy to manipulate. Objectives: - Capturing the atmosphere at a concert. - Depicting a shared communal event in which strangers un
- Waterloo Community TheatreFor this live brief from Waterloo Community Theatre, we have been asked to originate creative ways that encourage young audiences to further engage with Waterloo Community Theatre. Objectives: - To produce 12 illustrations that will boost Waterloo Community Theatre’s ethos and services - To communicate and create a greater awareness of the work done by WCT and the impact they have by giving a young audience a creative platform to share their stories and ideas. - Advertising WCT’s work and
- Fashion IllustrationsI follow a number of influencers and models on Instagram. I find their posts extremely motivating, and often use it as a starting point to develop my own work. Seeing others share their passion is extremely encouraging to me. I'm usually drawn to images based on being inspired by individuals sense of style, innovative fits of outfits or overall aesthetics of a feed. Seeing inventive styles and designs has led to me developing my digital skills.
- Self-Initiated ProjectThe following mockups are part of a recent Self-Initiated Project in which I’m creating a magazine. Much of my work relies on making art that is based on current world issues. I also have a keen interest in people and their personalities. I’m often inspired to make work that has either been influenced by people or is about people. Other interests include magazines, layout design and design editing. Placing these findings of my work into our current situation, I’ve felt it best to create a magazi
+ View all
Cultural ProducerBeinghuman Ltd
London, United KingdomInternship
I was interning as a Cultural Producer at Beinghuman Ltd. My responsibilities included: • Marketing an artist residency • Assisted and attended events including ‘Being Media’ and ‘Nesta Creative Economy’ • Contributed in budgeting, research and administrative tasks • Curated and approached artists for future events that involve devising and producing creative content.
Gallery AssistantVK Gallery
- Saint Ives, United KingdomFull Time
I organised a work placement at VK Gallery earlier in the year, which led to me working here for a month over summer. My job duties included creative and administrative tasks such as setting up exhibits, displaying new works and maintaining an ongoing promotion and advertising of the gallery. I was also responsible for managing the gallery’s computer system, which would include updating the system on shop stock, assisting with gallery administration, filing, research, assisting with mail outs and handling cash and credit card sales.
+ Show more
- Communicating Ideas
- Enthusiastic Creative
- Detail Orientated
- Time Management
- Visual Communication
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Graphic Design