- Comfort Tone (2017)Comfort Tone (2017, by Felix Taylor, We The Curious) A comfort tone is the broadband noise played over silence that may appear during phone calls to ensure each party that there is still someone on the other end of the line. Just over a year ago me and Kirtis Clarke collaborated on a piece for his Comfort Collection exhibition at we the curious in Bristol. The exhibition explored themes of personal comfort and security in everyday objects and people's connections to them. For the shows soundsc
- Audio production and mix for Towards A Black Testimony by Languid HandsProduction and sound mix film Towards A Black Testimony by Languid Hands. 'Towards a Black Testimony: Prayer, Protest, Peace is a new work by Languid Hands that examines Black Testimony as obscured, ignored and undermined. Drawing on archival imagery, Black geographies, and the dying declarations of Black Martyrs, it explores the complexities of truth, empathy, justice, the law, life and death for the Black Mass.' Shown at Jerwood Space, London and Stroom Den Haag, Netherlands.
- Soundscape workshops @ The Arnolfini, BristolI was asked to come in and teach workshops on creating soundscapes for art films as part of a project titled Now or Never at Arnolfini that 'worked with young people to amplify incredible ideas and project them into the world.' We focused on studied soundscapes, recording and vocal chants . We learnt about Alice Coltrane , Sound Art and recording techniques. In a second session we looked at soundtracks and environmental sounds of a new, future, dystopian Bristol for a film the group was makin
- CartographyAn ongoing focus of my practice, focusing on building maps both traditionally and through audio, to help explore and navigate histories and new ways of being. Beginning with a series of shows on 1020 Radio tracing the origins of albums by Solange and Radiohead and moving into programming a computer 'cartographer' which organises research into multi-layered, infinite soundscapes. Auditory and visual work by me.
+ View all
London, United KingdomFreelance
Freelance live sound engineer Various FOH freelance jobs; Converse x The Face launch party / week long pop up, London Cabaret Club, Clapham Library Live and private function such as weddings and parties. Main FOH at Railway Tavern, Tulse Hill from 2018-2020, regular (2-4 times weekly) FOH at Upstairs at the Ritzy, Brixton, 2018 - 2020.
Runner / Head Runner (Freelance)Halo Post Production
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Runner at prestigious and prolific Post house Halo Post Productions. Working with a team of 5 my duties included media management, reception duties, client communications and service (lunches, coffees and anything else needed!) and facilities upkeep including weekend and overnight shift work. Outside of working hours I would come in to learn the basics of colour grading (a gap in my film production knowledge) and also gained a credit in a professional short film (The Legend of Bob Leonard) as a foley mixer. Establishing great relationships with both staff and high profile clients while working at Halo has led to me being asked back regularly to cover holiday for both the head runner in charge of the team and regular running positions.
+ Show more
- Sound Design
- Audio Engineering
- Film Production
- Short Films
- Music Composition
- Production Management
- Music Production
- Sound Recording and Mixing
- Radio Production
Broadcast Audio and Music Technology BSc(Hons)UWE Bristol
Bristol, United Kingdom
A 4 year sandwich degree course in broadcast, audio and music technology. My course covers audio post production, live sound and sonic art and radio production. I am currently working on a sonic installation piece for my final year.