- Goodnight Mister TomHere is my submission for this years Penguin book cover competition. I chose the children's book 'Goodnight Mister Tom', which tells the story of the relationship of a man and a boy, each with their own struggles, during the war. The brief asked to make this book stand out on a busy shelf, as well as on an online setting. I noticed that the original covers often saw a young boy, an elderly man and a dog, accompanied by war planes in the background. I wanted to ensure this book appealed to a yo
- The Missing LinkThis is a publication showcasing an essay written by me, exploring how demographics are changing in the modern world and how design can help to bridge the gap between generations. The essay discusses issues within design such as digital vs print and designers such as Freddie Smithson (@freddiemade) and David Carson.
- With LoveThis project was designed to be an installation that allowed people to confess or share their love stories. The idea was for passers by to write messages, slogans, letters or confessions to somebody they love or a story they wanted to get off their chest. This would act as a form of therapy in a simple way as the participant could be anonymous. I began this project right before the current pandemic and therefore was unable to actually hold the installation and for people to participate. Nonethe
- 21st Century ProblemsThis project explores the views that Generation-Z have about the current world they live in and is made up of three zines. I conducted a survey asking for examples of 21st century problems, both trivial and humorous and then came up with some solutions for these problems. Each zine explores these issues through illustration and type in a playful yet informative way.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Birmingham City University, BA (Hons) Graphic CommunicationGraphic Communication is not defined by a medium or a process – Students graduating from this course are defined by creating the appropriate message. Our students have substance, something beyond a surface impression, their work has depth, meaning and value. We support students to develop research informed, ideas-driven solutions, embracing both digital and traditional processes. We teach our students to critically analyse the context. In this fast changing professional landscape we believe it i
Freelance DesignerFreya Morris
Birmingham, United KingdomFreelance
Over the past few years alongside education, I have been completing paid work for people who have approached me after seeing my work on social media. This has included a range of projects such as poster making for local sporting events, branding for a musician and various album cover designs which can be seen on Spotify.
- Editorial Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Gif Animation
- Digital Drawing
- Team Collaboration