I'm a fashion photographer working between Nottingham and London, I've been in business for 15 years, prior to that I've over 10 years experience as a senior marketing guy, and 10 years experience in professional photographic laboratories. I have been in creative and strategic industries all my working life. My clients are in a safe pair of hands. Today I shoot fashion, advertising and e-comm either as a 'gun for hire' joining a team or bring a full creative team producing and project managing your shoot from concept to delivery. I have my own studio and I don't need to hire equipment, so I can work very quickly when required.
- Shoes, Storytelling and EditingThis was a clients shoe and accessories shoot! If you think editing is about correction think again, it about narrative and story telling, not just what story you tell but how you tell it. If you want to learn how to edit just walk around the National Gallery and use your eyes, people were already there 500+ years ago! Alternatively you could start here: https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/paintings/johannes-bosboom-the-interior-of-the-bakenesserkerk-haarlem here: https://www.nationalgallery.
- ExperimentingWe all know how important it is to experiment as a creative and on a recent test where we were shooting some beauty, having seen some work by one of my favorite photographers (Paolo Roversi - and as always being inspired by Sarah Moon - another of my favorites), between the beauty shots we produced these on a second set I just happened to have available! Editing in part was inspired by some 14th and 15th Century painters, lighting was ambient light, flash and a single big COB Led- that in effe
- Lines Composed in a Wood on a Windy DayThis is a set of images based on a poem 'Lines Composed in a Wood on a Windy Day', at the time of publication (1846) in book form it was credited to Acton Bell, one of 3 new authors Ellis, Acton and Curer Bell. This book was a collection of poems by the 3 of them. They changed their names to their real names for later works, Anne, Emily and Charlotte Bronte. Intiially I produced these a few years ago but I was only really happy with one image - hence they did not go out, I' m now reasonably
- Images for an ActorAhead of a film in which Tara Sumner had her first leading role, as a creative team (Annette Gray and Leona Seymour and I) we worked together to produce some new images for promotion, as well as a head shot Tara channels both her inner Farah Fawcett and her inner Marilyn. One was picked up in India where the film was made and is being launched later this year.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Top 10: career advice tips for 2023Job hunting? Thinking of pivoting your career? Struggling with motivation? Working with a tricky client? We’ve got you! We’ve put together our top 10 career-related questions for 2023 to help you navigate through the year ahead, no matter if you’re just starting out, or already have experience in the industry. Click through to see insights, advice and top tips from industry mentors and our brilliant Dots community. Got some thoughts of your own? Please add your own wisdom if you have anything42
PhotographerGavin Kemp Photography
Nottingham, United KingdomFull Time
Photographer and Film Maker working for myself. I work through out the UK, I have a studio on the edge of Nottingham and work in London as required, I'm in London on a regular basis. Most of my work is fashion or fashion related. I have personal work that includes an ongoing interview project with elite athletes my other personal work includes complex story telling montages.
- Fashion Photography
- Editorial Photography
- Director of Photography
- Capture One Pro
- Studio Lighting
- Commercial Photography