Graham Leggat is a graduate graphic designer from Edinburgh Napier University, a designer with Envelope Group Australia and freelancer, available for projects. Graduating in Spring 2020, Graham has accumulated over five years industry experience, predominantly with Melbourne based studio Envelope Group. I am currently seeking part-time and freelance positions to supplement my ongoing work with Envelope Group. Visit my full portfolio at: northwork.co.uk
- Greater Edinburgh (Speculative)Working to a brief set by D&AD, with the objective of inspiring more bike travel in the city of Edinburgh, this brand identity gives platform to a rich tapestry of districts which create the ‘Greater’ Edinburgh area. The Greater Edinburgh brand seeks to restore locals’ pride and ownership of their heritage, through a suite of emblems, representing each and every Edinburgh district.
- National Galleries Scotland (Speculative)Home to Scotland's finest artworks, this speculative rebranding project seeks to unify each of the three Scottish National Galleries and give platform to their extensive collections. Working with existing analysis and proposals set by brand strategists Jane Wentworth Associates, a flexible umbrella brand, three site-specific brands and a suite of example assets were created to illustrate the proposal.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Edinburgh Napier University, BDes(Hons) Graphic DesignThe BDes(Hons) Graphic Design course is a multi award winning programme, which has one eye on the creative economy, and equipping students with the skills to hit the ground running in industry, and one eye on social justice, and how graphic design can be used as an agent of change. Our highly employable graduates have won nearly 70 national student design awards since 2011. We are a creatively brave community of thinkers, critics, makers and designers who make a big impact with the work we do -18
Melbourne, AustraliaFull Time
Following a successful internship with the Australian design studio Envelope Group, Graham secured a full-time role, working closely with the creative director Ty Bukewitsch. Over a two year period, Graham established himself as the studio’s digital designer, learning to code on the job, and now produces the majority of client websites. Graham returned to Scotland to further his design education at Edinburgh Napier University. During the four year course, he continued his employment with Envelope Group in a part-time remote role, communicating directly with clients and the studio director.
Graphic Design InternThreebrand
- Edinburgh, United KingdomInternship
I was thrilled to join the team at threebrand, working with lots of friendly and talented individuals and learning how a larger design studio operates on a day-to-day basis. During my placement with threebrand I worked with both the design and accounts team to create a variety of assets for both internal and client projects. Among these were a series of concept brands and product packaging renders which were included as part of a deck proposed to a national food distribution company.
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Print Design
- Editorial Design
- Brand Identity
- Brand Strategy
- Customer Service
Exchange SemesterAalto University
- Helsinki, Finland
A half-year exchange with Aalto University in Helsinki provided the opportunity to experiment with traditional analogue processes, such as screen-printing and letter-press, as well as with cutting edge creative coding technologies. During the exchange he also undertook a brand management course which delved into the strategic aspects of building brands today.
Graphic DesignEdinburgh Napier University
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Over the four-year Graphic Design course, Graham has experimented in new design areas and disciplines, including motion graphics — as well as honing his skills in typography, art-direction and branding. Graham is particularly interested in typography, brand identities, editorial design and the future of digital design.