- A Rant About…Cultural AppropriationRead here: http://media.lsu.co.uk/?p=35436 Focusing on the infamous cultural appropriation of Sikh and Muslim religious traditions in the 2018 A/W Gucci show, this piece unpick the layers of cultural appropriation that is simply unacceptable and that individual research can easily avoid.
- A review of Childish Gambino’s ‘This is America’Read Here: http://media.lsu.co.uk/?p=36367 Donald Glover who goes by his stage name Childish Gambino published the music video for this track which shook the world for how violently but truthfully it depicts modern America. This article pulls back the layers and nuances of the music video in more detail.
- Black History Month x Label Music: The Impact of J. ColeRead here: http://media.lsu.co.uk/?p=37143 Whether it’s subverting black male stereotypes, or critiquing governmental institutions, J. Cole was instrumental in the popularisation of politically conscious rap. Despite his rap having a strong political undercurrent, the universality of Cole’s rhymes speak to a much larger group of people due to his empowering messages.
- Label Music – REWIND: Blue ScholarsRead here: http://media.lsu.co.uk/?p=38772 The next instalment of the series, REWIND, focuses on a lesser known rap group that hails from Seattle. Blue Scholars a brilliant duo that rap intelligently about political theory, historical revolution and current issues regarding race, gender, economics and socio-politics. Well worth a listen, this is my personal ode to Blue Scholars.
- Label Music – REWIND: A Tribe Called QuestRead here: http://media.lsu.co.uk/?p=37796&fbclid=IwAR1R6b6mbrGma1Hikq3Cq_0aPCR_Z7CoGEkT1qfKUUnGUDA5krzZKuIjm0Q As part of my short series entitled, Rewind, which focuses on older, underrated music, this piece is about my personal favourite group, A Tribe Called Quest.
- The Environmental Importance of the Ross SeaRead here: http://media.lsu.co.uk/?p=30668 In a pivotal agreement signed by the EU and 24 countries, the Ross Sea has become the largest protected marine area in the world. This article unpacks the environmental and ecological significance of this decision.
+ Show more
Managing EditorLamplight Press
- Loughborough, United KingdomFreelance
Lamplight Press is the UK’s first student-led, non-profit publishing house that publishes a publication each year. As Managing Editor of the press, my role was to oversee all operations (design, copy-editing, sourcing writers, marketing and promoting the final product) as well as steering the direction of the press from the conception of a publication all the way to the final sale.
+ Show more
- Article Writing
- Editing Copy
- Book Publishing
- Editorial Publishing
- Music Journalism
- Content and Media Writing
BA(Hons) English: First ClassLoughborough University
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Graduated top of my class with a first-class degree in English awarded from Loughborough University. Upon graduated, I was awarded the only departmental awards: The English Special Prize for achievement and also The Leicester Literary and Philosophical Society for the best dissertation project in the year.