I am a recent Communications Master's graduate with two past internships in fashion PR – luxury in-house and agency – as well as freelance writing experience for fashion and music magazines. Whilst studying for my two degrees, I had to balance my schedule in school with training with the track team on a scholarship, which required me to be extremely organized, driven, and efficient with my time. My strongest skill is writing, and I am highly experienced in Fashion GPS as well as all Microsoft Office programs and social media platforms. I am currently seeking full-time employment in London.Locked Pro Plan feature
• Ongoing contributor for underground electronic music magazine • Reviews and artist features published 2-3 times a month • Experience using Wordpress to upload articles to the website
• Wrote five fashion and jewellery features for the website ('Style Findings' and 'Under the Loupe') • Assisted on photoshoots, including the cover and fashion editorial for the 20th anniversary issue • Managed model relationships and carried out "go-see’s" • Kept the fashion cupboard tidy and dealt with sample returns from shoots • Sorted the office post daily and organised the magazine cupboard
• Worked on three SS16 shows at London Fashion Week (Fyodor Golan, Holly Fulton and Ashish) • Took on a Temporary Showroom Manager role for 4 weeks, after interning there for just 5 weeks • Worked at their October Press Days • Used Fashion GPS on a daily basis • Managed samples - returns and send-outs • Assisted the Account Executives with pulls for shoots • Organised and merchandised the showroom • Booked international deliveries and couriers
• Worked with each of the three sectors - Fashion, Beauty and Fine Jewellery/VIP • Assisted the fashion press officer with returns and send-outs on a daily basis • Scanned and collated press coverage from newspapers and magazines • Maintained the showroom, got to know the recent collections really well • Helped the beauty team with press gifting for new product launches • Carried out database work for the fine jewellery team • Other general office duties
• Merchandised the showroom • Picked out trends from clients’ new collections • Filed new collections onto the company’s online database • Worked shifts in Mary Portas’ pop-up charity shop in Westfield, on the shop floor and on the till
• Classes undertaken: Rhetorical Criticism, Communication and Public Opinion, Communication and Religion, PR Planning and Management, Qualitative Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Visual Rhetoric, Communication and Social Change. • Completed a research project for Prof. Mark Williams on rhetorical education in Ancient Rome. • Wrote a 110-page thesis in two months during my final semester. The title of the thesis was: "Ritual, Tradition and Performance: The Rhetoric of Sacred Spaces in Ancient Greece". • Achieved a 3.90 GPA overall in my degree (maximum GPA is 4.00). • Awards: Track Team - Full Sports Scholarship.
• Subject: ancient Roman and Greek literature, archaeology, history, philosophy and architecture. • Classes studied: Greek Mythology, Visual Culture, Latin Language, Homer's Odyssey, Virgil's Aeneid, Homer's Iliad, Ovid's Metamorphoses, Roman Personal Poetry, Ancient Ethics, Ancient Philosophy, Statius' Thebaid, Greek Religion, Augustus and the Roman Empire. • I completed a 10,000 word dissertation during my final year. The title of the dissertation was: "Epic Mothers: Homeric Thetis and Virgilian Venus", comparing the roles of Thetis (mother of Achilles in the Iliad) and Venus (mother of Aeneas in the Aeneid). • Skills learnt: researching, planning and writing essays, creating portfolios of work and giving PowerPoint-assisted oral presentations. • Awards: Track Team - Partial Sports Scholarship. • Extra-curricular achievements: Athletics & Cross-Country Club Track Captain 2013-14 and Athletics & Cross-Country Club President 2014-15.
• A Levels: Latin, Chemistry, Maths (B, B, B) • AS Levels: English (A) • GCSE's: 5 A*'s (English Literature, English Language, Art, Chemistry, Maths) and 5 A's (History, French, Latin, Biology, Physics) • Extra-curricular achievements: Athletics and Cross-Country Team Captain, 1st XI Hockey team, Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award • Awards: Academic Scholarship, Sports Exhibition Scholarship