Harriet Stockwell is a multidisciplinary Art Director / Graphic Designer currently working in London. Originally from Cape Town, South Africa, Harriet started her career as an Art Director for the world-renowned agency, Saatchi & Saatchi. Working on clients such as; Guinness, Malta Guinness, Harley Davidson, Pampers and Jose Cuervo Tequila. While at Saatchi she did most of her own design work as well as art directing her campaigns and gained a few award finalists. After taking a 4 month sabatical to travel around North and Central America, Harriet returned to Cape Town to join her first creative director from Saatchi at his new agency, Not Norm. Working in a smaller yet strong agency of 7, Harriet took over as Head Designer of the Kauai account; a health food chain in South Africa, which under went a refreshing of its brand. She took the brand that had skeptical customers due to their sudden rebranding, to a brand people could love again. Other clients included Tranquini and Devils Peak Brewery. In 2017, Harriet left Cape Town to explore Spain, the States and Mexico for 5 months before moving to London. She is a highly motivated go getter with a professional work ethic. A social person by nature, she loves collaborating with people to create a compelling piece of work. Fluent in the Adobe suite, Harriet brings her ideas to life from scamp to finished art. Her extensive travels have become her university of life and creative inspiration. She learns from the people she meets along the way, gets inspired from the art and design she sees and grows as a person from the experiences she has. Her motto: "Work hard and live well."
- Kauai - Change is Good - Icon DesignIcons designed to communicate to KAUAI customers of the healthy change they have made to the menu. Changing to healthier and nutrient dense ingredients and why they are important. These icons went onto a "Change is Good" Poster in-store and on social media. CLICK HERE FOR MORE
- The Lazy Man's Guide to Saving the World BookThe Lazy Man's Guide to Saving the World was a book made out of recycled materials, as well as all the illustrations, for Tuffy Black Bags. Tuffy is a leading South African household brand in the durable refuse bag market, manufacturing and distributing a range of 100% recycled refuse and carrier bags, food bags and other household products to most of the major retailers in South Africa. Therefore to do your bit in saving the planet, all you got to do is buy Tuffy 100% recycled black bags
- Metal Concentrators - Corporate IdentityMetal Concentrators SA (Pty) Ltd is a pioneer in the field of refining and supplying precious metals in South Africa, and has earned a reputation for being an industry trend setter and an ongoing source of inspiration and technical support for jewellery manufacturers throughout the country. They wanted to refresh their look and feel to be more premium and stand out from their competitors. So we went with a simple black and gold theme using a gold bar (rectangle icon) as the motif. This was a full CI freelance job with logo, stationary, website, print and online advertising designs. CLICK HERE FOR MORE
- Lifestyle On Kloof Blood Drive Campaign PostersLifestyle on Kloof Centre is a retail shopping centre in Cape Town, South Africa and we were tasked to come up with a campaign for their annual blood drive. The whole idea was about the little effort it takes to save someones life. Donating blood takes only 30min and as little as 300ml is taken. Not bad for saving a life. Donars receive bookmarks once they donate. CLICK HERE FOR MORE
+ View all
- Cape Town, South AfricaFreelance
Worked in partnership with my design partner in producing pattern designs for cushions and rugs that were on trend. We also produced a range of mugs that were covered in illustrations relating to popular culture. Job entailed understanding briefs from clients, working to deadlines and creating on trend print designs. Each brief surrounded a certain trend that the designs needed to stick to. Trends were set by client and our job was to create original artwork that followed them.
Midweight Art Director
- Cape Town, South AfricaFull Time
Working as an Art Director and Designer on international and local brands. Clients included; Tranquini, Kauai (Health food franchise in South Africa) and Devils Peak Brewery. Job entailed understanding briefs, producing work that answered the brief and working closely with my creative director. I was the head Art Director and Designer on the Kauai account, producing all the retail work and seasonal campaigns. Worked closely with a photographer on the account, art directing food shoots for the work put out to stores nation wide. Used my design skills to illustrate and design artwork for the Tranquini clients online content site as well as brainstorm annual campaign ideas. Artwork for the content site ranged from simple photographic layouts to illustrations to complex gifs.
+ Show more
- Abobe Indesign/photoshop/illustrator
- Creative Team
- Time Management
- Public Speaking
- Big Ideas
3 year National Diploma in Graphic Design
- Cape Town, South Africa