Henrietta Thompson is a design writer, editor, commentator and forecaster based in London. She is editor-at-large at Wallpaper magazine, founder of branding and communications agency Naked On The Piano, and her new venture, HARTH, an innovative technology platform for interior design and art, has just launched in London. Henrietta writes a weekly design column for the Telegraph as well as the lead monthly trends column in British Airways’ Business Life magazine. She regularly contributes to a variety of other publications including the Guardian, Mr Porter, and Viewpoint, and consults with the Future Laboratory and Stylus on bespoke industry reports. As curator for the British government’s GREAT Festival of Creativity in China in 2015 Henrietta worked with more than 150 British and Chinese brands and speakers across an extensive programme of talks, workshops and installations. Previous exhibitions include Everything Forever Now, an internationally touring exhibition of sustainable design for the British Council, several installations at the V&A, and an annual exhibition of Scandinavian design for the Royal Norwegian Embassy. Henrietta is the author of five books, including the Remake It series, published by Thames & Hudson, and an illustrated children's storybook about a llama farmer.
- THE SEASONOnce upon a time we used to stop work each year to concentrate on the really serious business of celebrating the season’s most important social events. Parliament was shut, households decamped from the country to take residence at London's finest addresses, and couture houses buzzed in preparation as the great and the good sifted through the most sought after invitations in the world. The Season was the only thing that mattered. The modern British social calendar has evolved to reflect a contem
- WALLPAPER*Editor at Wallpaper* About: The global authority on design. Company Overview: Truly international, consistently intelligent and hugely influential, Wallpaper* is the world’s most important design and style magazine. Description: Since 1996, Wallpaper* has set the design agenda by constantly pushing into new creative territories and ensuring that its coverage of everything from architecture to motoring, fashion to travel, interiors to jewellery remains unrivalled.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Stories of Growth — Season 2YESTERDAY WAS INTERNATIONAL WOMENS' DAY To celebrate the important occasion and all the womxn out there, we released Season 2 of our weekly Stories of Growth podcast. This month, we shine a light specifically on all of the inspiring female founders igniting positive change around the globe and remind ourselves of all the stellar female founders featured on our podcast. Season 2 launches with Siobhan Lyons, fashion director of The September Issues, a magazine celebrating the diversity and po
- Stories of Growth - NovemberWe’re excited to share four new episodes of our Stories of Growth podcast for November. Featuring inspiring entrepreneurs who are each progressive voices within their respective industries. Hayley Louisa Brown is Founder of Brick Magazine, an independent magazine celebrating the new age of hip-hop culture. As a professional photographer, she fell out of love with the world of commercial fashion and piled all her money and love film photography into doing her own thing. Tobias Peggs is CEO of S2
- The Edit, for Viewpoint Design 42As minds broaden and attitudes change, the quest for more sustainable and socially conscious approaches to living is gaining momentum. Designers, artists and creatives across the board are helping consumers to re-evaluate everyday purchasing decisions, offering products made from renewable materials, returning to slow crafts, and working with rethought models that aim to stem consumption. This guilt-free creative industry roundup features the eco-conscious thinkers seeking to change the future f
+ Show more
Founder & Creative DirectorHARTH
London, United KingdomFull Time
Harth is a new, more sustainable way to furnish your space. It is the first rental platform in the world that enables members to rent furniture, interior design and art direct from the world’s best brands, designers and artists, as well as from each other.
Founder & DirectorNaked On The Piano
London, United KingdomFull Time
NAKED ON THE PIANO is the creative and editorial arm of Furthermore Media Ltd. A central-London based agency, our speciality is creating content with editorial integrity and working with brands to find and implement their voice. This can range from wide reaching content and communications strategy, to bespoke publishing projects such as books or magazines, events, essential copywriting and editorial. We offer a full spectrum of design services where required but we are equally happy to work with your existing team. It’s not just about having a way with words. Our key strength lies in our far reaching network. Our team comprises journalists and authors, magazine editors and exhibition curators, all of whom are as well versed in making connections as they are in providing industry insights. We prefer to describe ourselves as a collaborative rather than a collective, drawing on a pool of experts to form a unique team for each project, from award winning, internationally renowned photographers to film makers, illustrators, designers and digital managers. Our clients primarily operate in the luxury sector but range from hotel groups, galleries and fashion houses, to governments, consulates and embassies.
+ Show more
- Web Content
- Design Creative
- Public Speaking
- Business Strategy