An imaginative workshop facilitator, with an enthusiasm for creative sustainability and passion for bringing communities together through DIY outlets of expression. Ioana's proven ability to facilitate and curate engaging experiences has empowered individuals to develop or re-enact a mindful perspective on their everyday habits of being. For collaborations or enquires please email at email@example.com
- The ‘Makers Gonna Make’ workshop explores the history and importance of manifestos in the D.I.Y culture. The two-hour atelier, designed in collaboration with multi-disciplinary artist Kirstie Banks from 'Curative Creativity', encourages individuals to acknowledge their worth and invites everyone to play with text and images in order to create a powerful and personal visual manifesto.
- These three scrapbooks are a visual documentation of 'Current State of Mind' - a series of zine making workshops designed to explore the deeper meaning behind our understanding of belonging, identity and sustainability. The scrapbooks aim to archive the sentiments and colours behind each individual who participated in the atelier and created a zine. This projects celebrates the ‘making’ - the 'scars of labour' and the perfect imperfection behind the DIY practice, as well as the attitude that f
- “Is it possible to live on the earth peacefully? Is it possible to sustain life? Can we embrace an ethos of sustainability that is not solely about the appropriate care of the world’s resources, but is also about the creation of meaning - the making of lives that we feel are worth living.” (Hooks, 2009) 'Creation of Meaning' is a visual synopsis of a three part series of zine-making workshops entitled ‘Current State of Mind’. Facilitated by Ioana and designed in collaboration with local creati
- The visual identity for a three part series of zine-making workshops focused on storytelling and honest communication. The fluidity of the design aims to engage the workshop' participants in open discussions surrounding identity, belonging and sustainability and shape a stronger and more meaningful idea of dialogue.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- We host regular events to celebrate our local community of makers and designers. We wine, dine and have casual conversations on a wide variety of topics relating to creativity, business, and life. Our meetings are inclusive and supportive spaces for all (trans, intersex, cis and all non-binary, agender and gender variant people).
London, United KingdomFreelance
Founder of Artizine UK, a not for profit initiative dedicated to connect communities through zine-making workshops, pop-up exhibitions and engaging events. Since February 2019 we delivered over 30 successful creative ateliers in collaboration with local creatives from Southampton and London area. Artizine gained local recognition in Southampton, affiliating with organisations such as Ladies, Wine and Design, SkateSouthampton, Mu Collective and John Hansard Gallery. Our zine-making workshops focus on cultivating a culture of meaning within groups of individuals and aims to perpetuate notions of self-discovery and abstract components of our human nature into the lives of millennials and not only. Artizine understands the urgent need of substantial spot light for the simple act of getting together, regardless of ethnic, cultural, social and economic background. Ultimately, focusing on the collective rather than the individual, Artizine wants to challenge the dynamics of vulnerability and make a fire where everyone can join around, tell stories and get warm. The Artizine workshops are facilitated on a zero-waste policy and aims to reduce landfill by using only pre-loved and donated art supplies. Our zero waste guideline, explores not only the physicality of reducing material things but also reducing thoughts and creating space for new aspirations. It’s all about muting your mind in order to listen to the deeper song of your own intuition.
- Graphic Design
- Magazine Artworking
- Magazine Layout
- Workshop Delivery
- Facilitating Workshops
- Workshop Design
- Content Curation
- Community Art
- Community Building
- Social Media