Hey, I’m Purdi. With a 0.1mm Blackliner in hand and an electric colour palette on standby, I create portraits, wall murals, typography and illustration inspired by the vibrancy of everyday life, from nature to fashion and beauty. When it comes to style, I’m all about detail - I team fine, carefully etched linework with bold swathes of colour. Every piece stands out from the page and each mural leaps from the wall, grabbing attention and leaving a lasting impression. And in my portraiture, I don’t just create a likeness of my subject; I capture their personality, from the emotion behind their eyes to the gentle smile playing on their lips. Well, it’s the little quirks like these that really speak to us, right? I’d love to work with you on your next project. I’m available for editorial work, portrait commissions, and hand-drawn wall murals anywhere in the UK and beyond. To get started, send me a message.
- PortraitsMy first love is drawing faces and capturing the personality of my subject. For me, looking into someone's eyes is a powerful way of making a connection, and I want my art to reflect that. Portraiture has always fascinated me; whether it be Frida Kahlo's painted self-portraits or Cindy Sherman's role play in photography, a profile always conjures up curiosity. There's something extraordinary about capturing a single moment in a person's life in such a wondrous way.
- Purdi PetalsInspired by the creativity of others during our first lockdown, I set myself a 100-day challenge. Each day, I'd draw a different flower and post it on my Instagram account @purdipetals. Over time, the challenge helped me to develop my techniques and master new digital drawing techniques using the iPad Pro and Procreate. Fast forward to now, and I'm selling my artwork on Etsy, creating product patterns and large scale artworks for my valued customers.
- Margot RobbieAs a fellow Aussie, I love Margot Robbie and have followed her career since her early days in Neighbours, but that's not the only reason I'm so fond of this portrait. It's also very special to me as it was one of my first ever projects. Naturally, I was delighted when my talented designer friend, Al Wardle asked to use it in a book he was creating for a well-known printer Ripe Digital, to show off new digital printing techniques and paper stocks. For me, it was great to see how colour compliment
- Album Cover - Cory JachI did a little happy dance when Australian guitarist, Cory Jach - who has played for some of the world's most acclaimed musicians while on tour in Melbourne - asked me to illustrate the digital cover for his upcoming solo release, yet to be named. While albums aren't necessarily a physical item nowadays, Cory wanted something that showcased his love of music (and his guitar) while ensuring he stands out on platforms such as Spotify and Apple Music - nailed it.
- Sisley Instagram PostUsing analogue textures, I illustrated a promotional piece for the new Sisleÿa le Teint anti-ageing fluid foundation. Drawing inspiration from its key ingredient, Persian Acacia, I combined a graphic element of the plant with a fresh face using watercolour to accompany the product illustration. Fusing my signature cross-hatching style with soft watercolour showcases the product unlike any other, while aligning with their clean brand aesthetics.
- Kristen StewartLittle White Lies is a London-based magazine that covers all things film. When they put out a brief for the Personal Shopper movie cover, I pulled out my blackliners and sketched award-winning actress Kristen Stewart. While my artwork didn't make it onto the cover on this occasion, it's safe to say, illustrating a magazine cover is one of my dream projects.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Art Direction
- Mural Design
- Mural Art
- Mural Painting