22. Teesside. Lover of films, books, music and all that good stuff. Hardworking, inspired, eager and committed creative with a passion for digital and print content. My writing spans opinion, creative fiction and reviews. Adept interviewer with a catalogue of great projects over the past three years (Wolf Alice, Black Pumas, Shame - see my projects for further examples!) Find my words in Manchester-based magazine The Rodeo – now in its 11th print volume – and on my film blog, The Hot Hundred, where I review films on the regular. I am also currently seeking full time roles in the creative industries, with a particular interest in content writing, research and film development roles. Like-minded creatives; do not hesitate to get in touch regarding creative opportunities, collaborations or any other enquiries! Specialities: Creative writer Imaginative Storyteller Research ability Analytical thinker Popular culture - strong awareness of concepts in Film, Television, Music and Art Excellent communicator Adaptable Eager to learn
- Working Men's Club Interview - December 2020Working Men's Club are northern England's latest exciting music outfit, led by Todmorden resident Syd Minsky-Sargeant. They draw on a catalogue of canonical musical references from post-punk bands like New Order and Gang of Four, to electronic inspired Italo house and detroit-style techno, all the while maintaining a unique and rebellious sound. -For Volume 11 of The Rodeo magazine, I spoke to frontman, Syd on their self-titled debut album, the future of live music and what it means to be a n
- Shame Interview - September 2020My interview with South London punk rock band Shame, ahead of their upcoming sophomore album. I spoke to lead singer Charlie Steen about the band's recording process in the famous La Frette recording studios in France. Taken from The Rodeo magazine volume 10. Edited by Johnny Rogerson and Nick Ikin. All artwork and graphics by Sebastian Ward.
- Arlo Parks Interview - July 2020-Interview with London-based musician, Arlo Parks (BBC Introducing's Artist of The Year 2020, Transgressive Records) about her creative influences, songwriting process and personal aspirations for the future. -Taken from The Rodeo Magazine Volume 9. -Edited by Johnny Rogerson. All graphics and artwork designed by Sebastian Ward.
- Black Pumas Interview - December 2019An interview with the Grammy-nominated Black Pumas - A soulful rock band based in Austin. I talked with the lead singer Eric Burton about the band's recent successes, their musical influences and the importance of Austin as the 'musical capital of the world'. Interview taken from The Rodeo Magazine, Volume 7. Edited by Johnny Rogerson and Nick Ikin. All graphics and artwork by Sebastian Ward.
- Wolf Alice Interview - January 2018An interview with British rock band, Wolf Alice, that took place during their most recent UK tour. I talked to lead singer Ellie Rowsell about collaborations outside of the band and their sophomore album, 'Visions of Life' (Mercury Prize winner 2018). Link: https://www.thecourieronline.co.uk/interview-with-wolf-alice-future-plans-visions-of-a-life-more/ The interview was broadcast live via Newcaste Station Radio and later published to Newcastle Universities' student newspaper, The Courier (Th
- ALL SOULS' DAY - Production Design-Creative direction on the costume and set design for a short film -I managed the purchasing of set pieces and costumes for the film and also worked on-set designing the set for three locations of filming -Moodboard is my own work. - Watch the full film here - http://bit.ly/3j2AsD
Contributing writer and freelance sub-editorThe Rodeo Magazine
Manchester, United KingdomFreelance
•Consistent contributor throughout the Magazine’s history, providing content on a range of topics (music, comedy, film, think pieces) •Interviewed globally-recognised musicians including the grammy-nominated group Black Pumas and, most recently, Arlo Parks. •Formed strong contacts with independent labels and liaised with press and agent teams. •Strong leadership of the site's CMS, where I have worked on enhancing the SEO of the magazine's online content.
+ Show more
- Film Analysis
- Film Critic
- Film Writing
- Team Collaboration
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
MSt Film AestheticsUniversity of Oxford
- Oxford, United Kingdom
I achieved a distinction across four submissions, including a thesis on Film Space and Conflict in the films of Bong Joon-Ho.