- It'sNiceThat x Converse London Competition EntryIn response to the open Instagram competition I created this short animation. Music by my friend Giacomo De Castro. The brief set was to respond with an illustration, animation, photograph or painting focused on what inspires you the most right now. 'Celebrate where you find inspiration' It says. So I decided to make a piece about how much better I have finally become at trying to look after myself during this time in lockdown. I used to have worse coping mechanisms but they have greatly improve
- Tate Collective Billboard CompetitionWas asked by @tatecollective to create a billboard design for #TCbillboards to respond to an artwork in the Tate Modern or Tate Britain. For this competition I made the modern day Ophelia - a city explorer, daydreamer and self care ‘expert’ currently quarantining in London. Please share this post from my instagram page - tagging @tatecollective and #️⃣TCbillboards so the judges can see and give me feedback. See @jada_art for more of my work - https://www.instagram.com/jada_art/ or my portfoli
- Market stallsI sell shirts and the books I print at market spaces under the brand name "SLANGPHABET". I have worked in Popbrixton, Peckham Levels, Croydon Bamstock festival (Waddon park), Lambeth Country show (Brockwell park), ATIKA 'art attack event' & twice at Croydon Boxpark Winter market 2019. (Photos taken by a couple of my lovely customers).
- SlangphabetI wrote, illustrated, designed and self-published my own book inspired by living in South London my whole life and the negative stereotypes the area have held against it. It celebrates slang which originates from grime music and Patois and the lifestyle which youth live today. I sold my book (alongside shirts I printed) at a stall in the POPUPBRIXTON X LIVITY winter party event after getting in contact with Livity. I recently have been in connection with a few publishing companies since my book
Projects credited in
- Inside Out: Lambeth Country ShowAt the Lambeth Country Show, over two days I managed the market stall at Inside Out. Inside Out was an area set up by Livity consisting of an art installation, market, and stage. It showcased young talent and was organised by young people. Some of the tasks I did include; setting up and taking down the tables, chairs, and banners in the market stall area, allocating spaces to businesses and providing general support, creating a WhatsApp group for communication, helping with business signage and
- Art Jam (Rhythm & Grime theme)We turned Boxpark Shoreditch's BeatBox into a live art party with a twist! The event featured spotlighted emerging visual artists and some of the biggest tunes R&G from the amazing DJ N.E. Girl. This event was sponsored by the Shoreditch based art supplier GreatArt and artists on the night included Host Denieka, DJ N.E. Girl from Conceited Sounds and visual artists Bethany Mellor, Cole Holder, Djofry Makumbu, Jada Bruney, Kourtney Paul and Ruby See.
- DIFFRNT: Art Jam at Boxpark Shoreditch (Grime Theme)We turned Boxpark Shoreditch's BeatBox into a live art party with a twist! The event featured spotlighted emerging visual artists and some of the biggest tunes R&G from the amazing DJ N.E. Girl. This event was sponsored by the Shoreditch based art supplier GreatArt and artists on the night included Host Denieka, DJ N.E. Girl from Conceited Sounds and visual artists Bethany Mellor, Cole Holder, Djofry Makumbu, Jada Bruney, Kourtney Paul and Ruby See.
+ Show more
- Digital Design
- Book Illustration
- Textile Design
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Illustration
- Fashion Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art Design & BTEC AS Course
- Selhurst, London SE25 6LL, UK
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Visual Arts &Design - D*D*D* (Equivalent to 3 A levels) BTEC AS Course in Interactive Digital Design - D*D*
+ Show more
BTEC Certificate Visual Arts and Design