Hello, My name is Jagjit and I'm a graphic designer based in London. I like creating meaningful and memorable brand experiences with interesting people and ideas. You can see a few of the things I've done on this website that have been created while in full time work, during current and previous roles, and during my time as freelance. A few years ago I graduated in Industrial Design and Technology from Brunel University London and then gained a Masters in Design from University of Leeds. Now I get to work on exciting ideas with amazing people, which has so far involved creative campaigns for retail, corporate, games, trailers, mobile apps, and virtual reality. When I am not working I like to try new ideas and make things that I think might be fun for myself or friends to see. But what I enjoy most is that I might learn a bit more about myself in the process.
- Jumping off the Ivory TowerA brand identity for a podcast hosted by Prof. Julie Macfarlane and Dayna Cornwall about social justice and self representation in the legal system. The podcast is available on iTunes and Soundcloud. The approach was to create a simple yet versatile logo and brand that would be legible on screens and multiple digital platforms. It had to represent education, law, and sometimes handle controversial topics in a professional way. Working closely together to understand what Julie and Dayna wanted
- Topshop Topman 2020Topshop Topman (TS/TM) 2020 is a strategy project reporting their forecast for the next two years. Rather than the usual corporate identity I was asked to create something to impress the internal stakeholders. The outcome expands upon the recently updated TS/TM brand identity and is inspired by brutalism and publication trends. I began with variations of the 2020 title and used a minimal, typographical approach to create impact and flow. By not limiting the guidelines too much, various aspects
- Arcadia Fashion FestivalArcadia’s in-house fashion festival celebrated the launch of AW18 for each brand. The festival included guest speakers, workshops and giveaways. The approach was to highlight the AW fashion trends by using new brand imagery and careful colour choices. The graphic style chosen, inspired by brutalism, uses rules and a constant grid to bring consistency between each artwork, allowing each to work as a standalone or grouped together.
- Four HealthFour Health UK is a health blog focusing on Mind, Body, Fitness and Nutrition. Providing everyday insight on these four areas for a healthier lifestyle. Four Health also provides information on natural produce, smoothie recipes and much more. Four Health required a brand to represent everything they represent. With their presence being online and connecting through social media, the approach was to stand out form other health identities with a bold typeface and bright colours, matching Four He
- Sugar Rush'dI was approached to create a mural for a dessert cafe in Stevenage. The client wanted a fun, wacky, bright dessert themed illustration to cover the entire side of one wall inside their cafe. I worked closely with the client to understand the theme of what they were after as well as getting the illustrations style right. A number of smaller illustrations were created before the final one. From this I drew out on paper before digitally illustrating, allowing me to constantly develop the illustrati
- Elvia RietveldElvia Rietveld is a fashion editor and stylist who required an updated portfolio that would showcase her work in the best way. Her impressive portfolio of clients and photographers consists of some incredible work, therefore we aimed to create a simple, sleek website that would highlight her portfolio in all its glory. The new portfolio showcases editorials in consistent galleries as well as responsive abilities for mobile and tablet viewing. elviarietveld.com
+ View all
Projects credited in
- F*ck Being Humble RebrandFollowing the growth of the platform, I wanted to evolve the the visual look and feel of the branding to feel more contemporary and modern. With the support of my designer Jagjit Choda, we introduced new fonts, colours, and an updated website. Moving into a more distinctive, confident and bold visual identity that represents that vibrant vision for the brand.
- Event: F*ck Being Humble. presents: Bitch Better Have My MoneyThis event will be talking about money. The one thing that us Brits never want to talk openly about and consequently end up spending the majority of our careers being underpaid and undervalued. We've all been there right?! Navigating your way through the mind-field of day rates, negotiating higher salaries and proving your self-worth is never easy at any age, particularly when no one ever teaches you how! Join us on the 23rd Jan 2019 where we'll cover: - How to document your achievements - How
- Event: F*ck Being Humble. presents Ain't No Shame - How to overcome your fear of networkingF*ck Being Humble - Ain't No Shame - November 15th 2018 London Inspired by the true words from Missy Elliot, our second event “Ain’t no shame” is the event that will help you to get over the fear of networking. Despite what you may already think, nobody is born a networker. There's a skill and craft to it, one that takes time, a good strategy and a persistent follow up to nail. With the right preparation, networking has the opportunity to open so many doors, so it’s time to stop burying your hea
Mid Weight Graphic DesignerArcadia
London, United KingdomFull Time
Designing and delivering corporate identity, editorial, art direction, brand development, campaign planning, and trend forecasting for both Arcadia head office and multi-brand fashion store Out t. Collaborating daily with artworkers, print teams and marketing, while working alongside and advising junior, and supporting the senior designer. I have managed multiple projects from end to end with various internal and external clients and stakeholders as part of the wider business.
Junior/Mid Weight Graphic DesignerMaverick
- London, United KingdomFull Time
A creative agency where I worked closely with a range of small and large name UK and international clients, including Fashion Retail Academy and Bandai Namco, on a mix of digital and print projects that included VR as well as developing the in-house website.
+ Show more
- Print Campaigns
- Art Direction
- Graphic Design
- Digital Campaigns
- Branding Identity