My name is James Carnegie. I’m a Jerseyman living on the Jurassic Coast of the United Kingdom, drawn toward the remote, open landscapes which an Island 9 miles long sometimes struggled to provide, inspite of it’s raw beauty. Photography has been my calling for over two decades. Despite the addition of motion content and creative production to my one-arrowed quiver (and the warning signs that the industry is moving on), I refuse to believe there won’t be a place 20 years from now for well crafted, still imagery that conveys emotion. In keeping with the front cover quote, I shoot to make people feel something; to carry them with me to some wild, exotic and remote place. This should be sufficient background knowledge for you to bookmark my website for future collaboration. If not, delve further via the links below. Clients include Volvo, Timberland, Red Bull, Nike, Adidas, Strava, Saucony, Merrell and more.
- How Columbia is supporting diversity in the great British outdoorsGrowing up in inner-city London, young people can be easily led down the wrong trail, a lack of opportunity and direction as often cited as reasons that some of the capital's youth can progress to a life of crime. The Change Foundation’s Street Elite prevention academies teach new skills and provide fresh experiences to give young people a new focus and help them transition into work, apprenticeships, training or education opportunities. Swapping smartphones for secateurs, Members of the Stree
- The North Face VectivShot on the mist-shrouded peaks and plunging cliff lines of Madeira, following The North Face explorer and seasoned ultra-runner James Poole as we explored the Island's breathtaking but technically challenging trails together. The imagery and accompanying words sit within the current August edition of Runners World UK as an 8 page photo feature and on the North Face digital channels.
- Nike Swim: Victory LaunchNike Swim commissioned me to tell the inspirational story of London based Nike trainer Nesrine Dally to coincide with the launch of their Victory Range, a line of performance swimwear including tunic tops, swim leggings and a hijab. From Creative conception to production, shoot and deliver just before COVID landed.
- Volvo Human Made SeriesCLIENT VOLVO AGENCY MEDIA BLAZE ATHLETES LAUREN STEADMAN, THE BROWNLEE BROTHERS & JOHN MCAVOY Volvo's Human Powered series focused on people whose inspiring work and achievements reflected their own values. GB Paralympic athlete Lauren Steadman was photographed at a chilly open water lake within stones throw of the M25, Elite triathlete and ex-criminal John McAvoy on Surrey's Alps (Box Hill) and Britain's most-successful Olympic triathletes, Jonny and Alistair Brownlee training on their home tu
- Cayman AdventuresCreating a package of motion and stills assets which showcase the breadth of adventure on offer in the Cayman Islands, with a former Olympic athlete in tow, is up there on the dream assignment list. Shooting underwater in crystal seas whilst a fever of Stingray's slap their wings in the camera lens is a problem I will gladly handle again, should it arise. Losing a drone to the Sargasso Sea is pretty much the worst thing that befell myself and the small crew I assembled for this Campaign, which
- Winter Warriors for Visit JerseyDiscover how to love winter this year with Sophie Hellyer – founder of #RiseFierce retreats. This winter warrior doesn't retreat an inch in the cooler season. Often found in her element in cold water, Sophie’s mantra is simple - love winter by embracing it. To Sophie, winter is not a surrender into hibernation, it's an invitation to take on the elements and feel alive. To make every second of the shorter days count so the winter comforts feel all the cosier, because you know you've earned them.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Volvo On CallMISSION Simplifying the life of Volvo customers using digital tools In 2010 Volvo came to Mobiento / Deloitte Digital with a request: Help us simplify the life of our customers using digital tools. We then embarked on a digital transformation journey that has spanned more than half a decade in order to create the best possible digital car ecosystem.2
- Commercial Photography
- Digital Production