I’m a photographer based in Central London with a background in graphic design and retouching. I've recently worked with Facebook and Instagram as photography, as well as design agencies Saatchi & Saatchi and MSL. I've done a few BTS stills and architectural photography jobs. Personally I love travel and landscape photography! All above mentioned work can be viewed on this website. I'm always looking for new collaborations. If you think you have a brief that I could help with drop me a message on here Website: www.gowdyphoto.com LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/mrgowdy ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ Insta: @gowdyphoto
- ExposeFirst year uni work. In this film, I created the story of a romance between the two as they dance and draw a masterpiece of poetry together. The disposable partner perishes leaving the fountain pen to complete the work alone. A fountain pen never dies. The ink runs out and you replace the cartridge. It lives on and gets better with age as it shapes to its owners hand. Fountain pens are a respected and personal writing tool that have been used to write historical scripts and music compositions. W
- Amnesty InternationalWe were tasked with creating something socially engaging to create awareness for the refugee crisis. In a group of students, we designed and build this stand for throwing hoops onto these sticks – purposely making it quite difficult – with only about 2% of the throws being successful. The rings were to represent a life ring float, used to save people from drowning. The difficulty of it represented the difficulty of being a refugee and that a even lower percentage of them actually make it acro
- First Year PortfolioThis is my first year portfolio as I presented it on hand-in day. The concept links to one of the projects featured in the portfolio. The project centred around the theme ‘Eccentric’. I (along with my team) explored the idea that eccentricity is an expression of freedom and what happens when freedom is taken away. Is it possible to physically express eccentricity when in prison, for example? I gave my tutor a spare key.
- Toxic LeatherWhile researching leather I found it to be a badly polluted and corrupt industry, concentrated in one area of Bangladesh, and driven with bribes, child labour and toxic conditions. I wanted to find out what ‘good’ leather was and found a company in the UK that were happy to give me a private lesson. Good leather takes longer to make and costs more because it doesn’t use any toxic chemicals, keeping the environment clean and its workforce healthy. As demand for cheap leather rises, the responsibl
+ View all
Graphic designCreative edit
London, United KingdomFreelance
GRAPHIC DESIGN, RETOUCHING, ARTWORKING, PHOTOGRAPHY Various freelance roles over the past 3 years while I have been at uni. Most of my freelance work has been with an environmental branding agency in London. I have worked on many digital and print projects and have learnt to animate and video edit during my experience too.
Senior ArtworkerDebenhams PLC
- London, United KingdomFull Time
SENIOR VISUAL MERCHANDISER ARTWORKER Working hand-in-hand with visual merchandisers and closely with senior executives to ensure store visual presentation guidelines were interpreted accurately. Involved in briefing and decision making processes with Creative Managers and Buying & Merchandising teams to create visual guides (CV's) for all Debenhams stores. My role involved working across all departments to advise on visual requirements for merchandising and store design. I eventually left this job to go to university.
+ Show more
- Commercial Photography
- Fashion Photography
- Graphic Design
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Portrait Photography
Graphic Design DegreeKingston School of Art & Design
- Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
This Graphic Design course is broad and covers photography, fine art, 3D design, product design, film, typography and editorial design to name a few areas. The course pushes students to their creative limits finding strengths and focusing the individuals talent. Known for being the top graphic design course in the country, it's full time, hard work and worth every penny!
+ Show more