I am an enthusiastic, multi-skilled, creative Cameraman / Editor. A passionate filmmaker, I have extensive experience in shooting and editing corporate, social, editorial and promotional video content. My work has been featured in TIME, GQ, Monocle, Highsnobiety, The Future Laboratory and A/J +, ATTN and BBC. Quick to grasp new ideas and concepts, I strive to develop innovative and creative solutions to problems. Working under tight deadlines has become second nature and I have developed a strong ability to perform effectively under pressure – alone and as part of a team. A future thinker, I am fanatical about technology and began my career with Apple. I endeavor to tell the stories of those who are both masters and leaders of their craft within my own distinct and aesthetically rich, visual style. www.jamesmaiki.com
- there is no place like HOMEIt has been fantastic to see so many of our sellers, landlords, buyers and tenants again in person. Ensuring the safety of our customers and team members is our top priority, and we're pleased to be able to conduct in-person appointments following our strict COVID-19 safety protocols. We are committed to helping our customers in London and the Home Counties move, safely. For more information click here: https://lnkd.in/e25ndhD
- TOMMY X LEWIS X H.E.R.Lewis Hamilton and H.E.R. come together and discuss their love for fashion and the process of co-creating the TOMMY X LEWIS X H.E.R. Capsule Collection. Discover how they co-created a collection focused on breaking boundaries, staying true to oneself and the importance of loyalty. Talent: @lewishamilton & @hermusicofficial Agency: @lairdandpartners @northsixproductions Creative Director: @alegb21 Director: @tstaykova DOP: @louiscbrandt Cam Op: @jamesmaiki BTS Cam Op & Editor: @ianwall
- Mo Salah & Alesandra Ambrosio for GQ Middle EastMo Salah and Alessandra Ambrosio show you what happened behind the scenes on their GQ Middle East Men of the Year cover shoot. Shot by Peggy Sirota and filmed by James Maiki, GQ Middle East's Man of the Year, Mo Salah, showed Fashion Icon award winner and fellow cover star Alessandra Ambrosio how to kick a ball around on set and Alessandra showed Mo how to model. Read the full Mo Salah interview on goals, football and the future https://www.gqmiddleeast.com/culture/...
- Nadine Labaki x GQ MENadine Labaki is an actor, award winning director and GQ Middle East's woman of the year. Nominated for an Oscar in 2019 for her film Capernum, Labaki shot her GQ Middle East cover on location in Beirut. Read her GQ Middle East cover story here: https://www.gqmiddleeast.com/culture/...
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Seven Human Needs: SecurityA video installation for The Future Laboratory to explore security as a human need. What does it mean at present, and what will will it come to mean when we enter the 2020s? The original film launched at the 2017 Global Futures Forum in London. In a time of political, economic and environmental uncertainty, the need for protection is one of the most visceral and valued human needs. It can be harnessed to bring out both our best and worst selves. Abstract interpretations of a domestic setting ac
+ Show more
- Visual Arts
- Final Cut Pro
- Broadcast Journalism