- Max Marlow recieves Platinum sales award for Declan McKenna single 'Brazil'I've represented Max since 2020, handling his business management and administration. Back in 2015 (when he and I were both at Uni!) he met Declan McKenna and recorded/produced his debut single 'Brazil' – Declan blew up, signed to Columbia Records UK and 'Brazil' continued to grow and grow since it was re-released in 2017. On 6th Jan 2023, it finally went Platinum! Huge congrats to Max and my first Platinum record in my music career.
- BEX signs to Scruff of the Neck RecordsAfter developing her music project over 18 months, Grace and I signed BEX to the brilliant Mancunian label Scruff of the Neck! BEX had grown to 48K IG and 30K TikTok followers, we'd secured legendary rock live agent Steve Zapp @ ITB – label was next! Team photo with me on the laptop screen alongside BEX's dad – remote working at its finest! Photo L-R: Josh Paine (Live guitarist); Grace Taylor, It's Never Simple; Theresa Mercer, BEX, Maisie Woodford, Mark Lippmann and Andy Keating, Scruff of t
- Music Industry MondaysFrustrated with the lack of fun & engaging Music Industry networking opportunities and experiential infotainment events (many of which are either paid or fenced-off to new entrants to the industry), myself and Ipek at LCCM kickstarted 'Music Industry Mondays,' a weekly two-hour event of panel talks, networking and an Open Mic performance opportunity! Hosted at the Music Box venue, each week we cover a different topic or development, featuring special guests or tackling a topic ourselves. As of
- Mathew Knowles ScholarshipIn 2022 I closed a multi-year deal to bring iconic Black music executive Mathew Knowles into LCCM as a visiting lecturer and board member. We then launched a talent-based Scholarship competition in his name, awarding the winner a full-fee bursary up to 3 years. The deal made industry media news (Music Business Worldwide, Music Week) and Dr Knowles' subsequent visits to LCCM attracted national media and press attention which I coordinated with his team and other advisers – ITV News, BBC One Show,
- eMusic Live – Cali VibesConsulting as part of the 7digital/eMusic team, I led Artist Marketing with 7digital CMO for all artists performing at AEG/Goldenvoice's Cali Vibes festival in Long Beach, CA. Working remotely from the UK I onboarded major artists to the platform (including deal negotiation and contracting) before following up with Marketing assets, instructions and guidance for how best to amplify their livestream and generate revenue. Point of call for everything marketing for Artist Management and AEG. Inte
- Peter Sandberg signs global deal with Sony Music PublishingClient Peter Sandberg signs a bespoke global publishing agreement with Sony Music Publishing from London office, but with strong ties established with his local Scandinavian team in Stockholm. In September 2022 we renewed the deal for another 3 year term.
+ View all
DirectorIt's Never Simple
London, United KingdomFull Time
It’s Never Simple specialises in fresh creative approaches to Artist Management, Development and Digital, primarily focusing on supporting the careers of emerging independent talents. In 2018, the roster was streamed cumulatively for a total of 243.7M minutes on Spotify alone. Clients previous and past include newer developing artists and global stars across multiple genres.
+ Show more