I am an ambitious, multi-disciplinary Freelance Designer and Director, with a passion for graphic design, film and creative problem solving. Currently based out of East London, I previously graduated with first class honours from a BA (Hons) Graphic Design degree at Nottingham Trent University. Whilst there, I also completed an international exchange studying Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York. Trained in traditional Graphic Design, with a foundation in Brand Identity and Brand Experience, I made the move into the Advertising World, working on pitches for world renowned brands whilst at VFX & production company The Mill. I am now a freelance Designer and Director, currently exploring Art Direction, Title Design and creating Identities for short films, as well as pushing myself to direct my own short films. My latest short ‘Turning Tides’ won ‘Shortie of the Year’ at London Surf Film Festival 2019, Judge’s Award at the tve Sustainability Awards and is now being screened at various festivals.
- Turning Tides | #PlasticFreePeriodsPLASTIC POLLUTION CAN NOW BE FOUND ON EVERY BEACH IN THE WORLD. PERIOD PRODUCTS ARE THE 5TH MOST COMMON ITEM FOUND ON EUROPE’S BEACHES, MORE WIDESPREAD THAN SINGLE-USE COFFEE CUPS, CUTLERY OR STRAWS. Feeling compelled to help spread awareness and get people talking about such a pressing issue we teamed up with City to Sea to produce a dramatic and stylish short film titled ‘Turning Tides’. Punchy visuals of coastlines from around the world, international talented sportswomen doing what they lov
- Turning Tides | #RiseOfTheReusablesA short surf film that challenges expectations of what a ‘surf’ or ‘charity’ film should be. With punchy visuals and a soundscape composed entirely of recordings made from found plastic, 'Turning Tides' exposes the devastation our oceans are currently experiencing and challenges us all to do something about it. Working in collaboration with the not-for-profit organisation City to Sea, this film aims to raise awareness for their ongoing #RiseoftheReusables initiative.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Nike x Zalando: On SetOn set for Nike's Tech Pack collection with Zalando. Featuring Antonio Rüdiger. Production: Mill+ Director: Melody Maker DOP: Thomas English Executive Producer: Dougal Meese, Josh Davies Producer: Adam Farley Production Coordinator: Lucy Hawes Production Runner: Alfie Johnson BTS Stills: Rauri Cantelo
- Foxes - Love Not Loving YouDirected and produced entirely in isolation! Shot on iPhone. Production Company: LH Productions Director: @rauricantelo Creative Director: @russelldeanstone Producer: Lucy Hawes @1ucy_h_ Production Assistant: Nadine Leswi @little_nad Dop: Si Lakos @si.lakos Styling: Karen Clarkson @karenclarkson Editor: Kevin Corry @ Assembly Rooms Graphics Art Direction & Editor: Jo Guthrie @jog Post Production: The Mill @millchannel Post Producer: Tanya Fearon @tfearonx Grade: Alex Gregory @alexgregorycolour
- Ella Henderson - Take Care Of YouI was keen for us to explore further around the digital world that existed during Ella’s childhood (the late 90’s/early 00’s), that we were due to be re-visiting throughout the promo. By using the iconic ‘brutalist’-esque blocky designs of Windows ‘95 as our main point of reference, we were able to quickly establish a well recognised, nostalgic interface that hopefully meant anyone watching would connect their own memories to. Ella and her amazing family were on hand throughout and really pulle
Freelance Designer & DirectorSelf Employed
London, United KingdomFreelance
I am currently freelancing remotely on both film and design work.
Designer & Creative ResearcherThe Mill
London, United KingdomFull Time
While working at VFX/production company The Mill, I primarily worked with directors on pitches and creative treatments for adverts and short films for world renowned brands. I have also been able to gain shoot experience through being on set.
+ Show more
- Premier Pro
- Treatment Design
- Film Direction
- Art Directing
Graphic DesignFashion Institute of Technology
- New York, United States
I spent a semester abroad in New York studying Graphic Design at the Fashion Institute of technology. I took classes in Graphic Design, Advertising Design, Typesetting Design, Advanced Type and Digital Graphics.
Graphic DesignNottingham Trent Univeristy
- Nottingham, United Kingdom
I previously graduated with first class honours from a BA (Hons) Graphic Design degree at Nottingham Trent University. Whilst there, I also completed an international exchange studying Graphic Design at FIT in New York.
+ Show more
Judges AwardTVE - Global Sustainability AwardsOur film Turning Tides – #PlasticFreePeriods, created in collaboration with City to Sea, won the Judges Award in 2019.
+ Show more