I am drawn to both maximising opportunities, and delivering a range of creative photographic components that engage with campaign briefs. To date, I have 30+ years of global experience conceptualising, producing, storytelling and directing photoshoots while teaching students of all levels on photography practices throughout Asia. I have worked on numerous global PR campaigns and freelance projects (details can be found on my portfolio and showreel) while seeing work exhibited at the London Tate Britain Gallery. With my ability to provide creative decisions and deliver robust photographic/digital knowledge I am confident in helping to develop, negotiate, and manage end-to-end projects—that will significantly benefit your operations. To date, I have successfully achieved the following: Secured photographic coverage in publications including Time Magazine, The Guardian and New York Times. Developed strong media relations – subject of two BBC documentaries on personal photography work. Travelled extensively throughout Thailand and Southeast Asia, developing documentary features. Employed and managed diverse teams- collaborated with stylists, freelancers, creative directors, and models. Worked on global PR campaigns – Chevrolet’s One World Futbol promotion throughout Southern Thailand. Produced content for the BBC, National Geographic Channel, Channel 3 (French) and PBS (USA). Created and launched a new newspaper insert that was added to Asia’s International Herald Tribune edition.
- Hotel & Commercial Property Photography Including 360 VROver the last 30 years as a commercial photographer I have had the pleasure of photographing some of the world's best hotels, including The Peninsula Hotels chain and Conrad Hotels. Producing in-house content for their websites and commercial campaigns.
- Documentary PhotographyDocumentary Photography China & Cambodia taken in 2017 – images in China where taken while working for the organisation Gap Minder. Jonathan is involved in multiple long term documentary photography projects for international aid agency, working in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and China. The work is carried out in remote rural areas, photographing local villages. Often family life is a central theme, having an understanding of the local communities and the issues that challenged them is something
- SEX & SLAVERYPhotographs from two photography features – A Guardian Weekend Magazine feature, photographed behind the scenes of a large Bangkok ‘Massage Parlour’. Where customers look at the girls, who sit waiting behind one way glass. When the girls number is called they service the men upstairs. The second feature, is more sinister, an under-cover Time Magazine cover piece on child sex slavery in Northern Thailand and Burma. With both stories, gaining access and trust in possible hostel environments were a
- POLICE MIDWIVESThis image from a photography feature on Thailand’s Police Midwife Unit, specially created to assist women giving birth as they are caught in Bangkok’s notorious traffic jams. While Jonathan Taylor was sceptical about taking on the assignment at first, he was worried he wouldn’t get a birth, he was with the unit only two hours when the women featured in the photographs needed help. When Jonathan and the two man police team arrived the birth was well on its way. The mother to be was sitting in a
- SPEED DEMONSThe photography to this feature follows motorbiking racing teenagers, slum dwellers and prostitutes paying for their habit through working the go go bars of Bangkok. Small time drug dealers and the Thai anti drug task force. The direct translation of Ya Ba, from Thai to English, is Mad Medicine. Small, highly addictive orange methamphetamine pills. These tabs of misery are smoked using foil, a rolled up pipe and a converted lighter. A brief moment of high is quickly followed by violence, bouts
- Bidi-Badu Sportswear Collection 2019-2020Through my photography company and fashion studio in Bangkok, the info from my our website - 'Fashion Photographer: Jonathan’s photography studio is based in Bangkok’s Talat Noi District, Jonathan can arrange a team of highly skilled models, H.M.U.A.s, Stylists, Lighting Assistants, Drivers and Assistants, for your fashion editorials, catalogue, e-commerce and look books. If you are looking for a stress-free top class service from a fashion photographer highly motivated to supply you with your
+ View all
+ Show more
- Photography Editing
- Adobe Photoshop
- Project Management
- Picture Editing
- Picture Research