I am a graphic designer, illustrator and printmaker. My favourite projects are when these disciplines cross over. Over the past five years I have worked on a wide variety of creative projects from book design to packaging to film. I specialise in brand identity, and each project I work on is given a thoughtful and unique approach. I believe that branding is more than just a business card or logo. I am passionate about designing with purpose, and the importance of context, history and human connection. I am a member of the Heritage Crafts Association for my work with paper marbling – a now 'endangered' practice in the UK. I am led by the tactile and the physical in all my work, and believe this can often create the most interesting and unique approach for digital, too. Clients include: Tate, Nutopia for Netflix, Moo, The Old Church arts venue, All Points East Festival, Pamela restaurant, Moonbow Vintage and London Fields Yoga. *Currently on Maternity Leave*
- Daisies - Logo DesignLogo designs in progress for a DJ duo based in Berlin. They play 60’s and 70’s vinyl in bars across the city, and wanted their logo to appeal to vinyl enthusiasts and people from their underground scene. The brief was to create a modern yet retro, playful logo that wasn’t too floral and feminine. The logo is to be used on social media, posters, and on their own merch such as stickers. I’ve created an eye-catching series of logos in a 60’s colour palette, with a focus on the rounded and bouncy
- Harriet Elizabeth Psychotherapy - Logo DesignLogo design for an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist. Inspired by old botanical woodcuts and the Victorian Language of Flowers. The Victorians believed that the hawthorn symbolised hope, and I illustrated the plant in partial bloom to suggest growth.
- The Old Church - Brand IdentityBrand identity, logo design, typographic palette and poster design. An arts venue within the only remaining Elizabethan church in London needed a bit of a branding overhaul. My approach was to create a colour palette and series of symbols from stained glass window details and architectural elements. The new identity (still in progress) respects the unique setting of the church while also bringing a contemporary, playful approach to the graphic design at large.
- Coffee by Tate - Packaging DesignI was recently commissioned by the Tate galleries in-house coffee roastery to produce bespoke hand-marbled prints for their packaging. Colour and pattern were used to illustrate not only the coffee's tasting notes, but also the story of each producer, each farm and each region. I wanted to celebrate how special it is for an art institution to roast its own coffee, and created a collection of marbled papers that reflect each individual roast. Marbling was the perfect medium because it shares m
+ View all
Freelance DesignerJulia Cooper
London, United KingdomFull Time
I am a multidisciplinary freelance designer based in London, UK. I studied BA Surface Design at London College of Communication, formerly London College of Printing, which gave me access to some of the best printing facilities in the capital. Over the past five years I have worked on a wide variety of creative projects from visual identities and packaging to film. I have particular experience in brand identity, graphic design, illustration and printmaking. Clients include: Tate, Nutopia for Netflix, Moo, The Old Church arts venue, All Points East Festival, Pamela restaurant, Moonbow Vintage and London Fields Yoga. Member of The Heritage Crafts Association.
Studio Manager & DesignerJinny Blom Ltd
- London, United KingdomFull Time
In-house Graphic Designer and Studio Manager for award-winning Landscape Designer Jinny Blom. I ran salon series 'Jinny’s Tonic', a monthly organised gathering held in the studio in Clerkenwell - http://www.jinnyblom.com/blog/index.php I provided all design work for the events - both digital and print. I provided illustrations for client presentations and created on-brand digital content for social media. I also managed project enquiries, HR and contracts.
+ Show more
- Visual Arts
- Print Design
- Art Direction
- Textile Design
- Graphic Design
- Identity Design
- Brand Identity
- Logo Design