Justin Barnwell is a highly visual filmmaker specialising in sport and adventure. His work Directing, shooting and editing in the commercial industry has taken him around the world where his deep technical knowledge and creative skills has seen him work with global clients such as Red Bull Media House, World Surf League, Adidas Fitness, BT Sport, Reebok Fitness as well as various Tourism boards and travel companies alike. Coming from Sydney, Australia, Justin’s backgrounds are heavily influenced by the board sports culture and youth orientated activation. With a passion for pop culture, board sports, music, fashion and those that follow the such.
- Red Bull - Skateboarding BrothersThe Sheckler name, whether attached to the eldest Ryan, the middle bro Shane, or the young gun Kane, is a big one in skateboarding, and the sibling rivalry between these three is a big part of that. All three still call San Clemente home, and following them around when they’re all in town turns out to be the best way to witness the skill attached to the Sheckler surname.
- Parrot Drones - World first snowboard drone catchBrief: Create a unique idea and world first to showcase the Parrot Bebop 2 drone in action. All Before Breakfast featuring Tyler Chorlton and Parrot BEBOP 2. Before Spring, snowboarder Tyler Chorlton made sure he enjoyed the last few weeks on the slopes. Discover what's possible before breakfast with a BEBOP 2 as a flying and snowboarding companion. Share and like our world exclusive mid-air drone catch! Made with snowboarder Tyler Chorlton @tylerchorlton Location : Andorra
- Puma HacksOver 3 shoots we created this Instagram stories campaign for Puma and SPORTbible - Originally exported and viewed as vertical 1080x1920. The campaign lived for 24 hours drawing football fans to check out the new Puma Hacks football boots. •Director: Justin Barnwell •DOP: Kieren Hodges •Editor: Justin Barnwell
- Reebok AstroRideThe Reebok Astro Ride shoot created a first for Reebok Fitness and fitness videos alike. All the videos we created for the AstroRide series were 1 takes! So how did we do it: How does this work: The high speed camera (Phantom Flex) was mounted onto the Bolt motion control rig, this rig was on a track located next to the Treadmill. The Bolt was programmed via 3d software to move to designated keyframes within the shot sequence, the Phantom camera was shooting 1000 frames per second. With the athl
+ View all
Knack studios are creative content producers specialising in Pop culture, Action sports, Fashion and Music. Started by Justin Barnwell in 2010, Knack studios are creative content producers specialising in Pop culture, Action sports, Fashion and Music. We aim to provide quality work with quick turn- around and upload times for a more efficient and reliable delivery of a well crafted final product. Clients Knack Studios has worked with/for include: Red Bull, Nike, Quiksilver, Roxy, Rip Curl, Billabong, Aveda, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Westfield, Vans, Hurley, Arnette, Thai Airways, Channel V, Perv Eyewear, 42 Bellow, Mountain Dew, Aquabumps, Land Rover, Telstra, Sportscraft & Stab Magazine. At Knack Studios we aim to provide quality work with quick turn- around and upload times for a more efficient and reliable delivery of the well crafted final product. Having produced within a wide range of genres, Knack Studios has an open mind and adaptable eye to give the best outcome for each subject and project. We have worked across a range of content including but not limited to: surf, snow, skate, fashion, music, corporate, live OB, look book campaigns, social media, event coverage, backstage coverage, behind the scenes, TV content, athlete/artist profiles and everything else in-between. We offer a range of solutions, from a 1 man shoot/edit, right through to a small team for event coverage, design and art direction and video post production. At Knack Studios we understand the value of being a versatile mobile production team and we are very comfortable with briefs involving travel and ‘on the road’ turnarounds. We pride ourselves on providing unique angles and creative vision across all of our services from a simple shoot through to a full production.
- London, United KingdomFreelance
EpicTV was born in Chamonix, France with a simple goal: to inspire and equip you with the knowledge and gear to live your outdoor lifestyle. EpicTV has a global platform for the world’s best action and adventure sports content. From Adventure sports to board sports, urban and lifestyle content. Working as the creative director within the Sales & Marketing division in the London office, Justin utilizes his video content and creative skills to work on branded content and sales based projects. Having worked on series for brands such as Adidas Outdoor, Five Ten, Parrot Drones, Umbria Tourism, DJI, 3DR, Spanish Tourism, Reebok Fitness, Adidas Hardware and Banshee Bungee.
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Post Production
- Creative Direction
- Graphic Design
- Video Editing
- Video Production
- Digital Photography
- Film/video Editing
Diploma, Graphic Design