Kate Hamilton is a London-based journalist and the Co-Founder and Content Director at Sonder & Tell, a new content and communications agency that helps brands find their voice and express themselves. Previously Editor-in-Chief of SUITCASE Magazine, Kate writes for titles including the Guardian, Wallpaper*, Refinery29, ES Mag and Stylist. In 2017 she was shortlisted for Travel Writer of the Year at the Travel Media Awards. Kate has been invited as a speaker to a number of network events – she has compered the fashion stage at Web Summit, chaired a panel for the launch of Google Pixel and hosted a conversation on female artistry to celebrate Jessie Burton's second book, The Muse.
- INTRODUCING VOLUME 18: THE RHYTHM ISSUEWe are all born with rhythm inside of us, even if the average dancefloor might seem to disagree. Our breathing patterns, sleep cycles and strides are all regulated by the heart, which pumps out an ongoing, ever-present beat. Reflecting the body’s innate sense of rhythm, many of us fall into regular patterns of behaviour – we eat the same thing for lunch every day, return to familiar holiday destinations and get our news from sources that reinforce our own views. While routines might be grounding
- INTRODUCING VOLUME 17: MYTHS AND LEGENDSThe phrase “once upon a time” is traditionally followed by the narration of a magical tale; by an account of myths or legends from a realm beyond the bounds of any worldly map. In childhood, we travel by means of our imagination, guided by fairytales into dreams of distant lands. Powerful stories continue to inspire us as adults, and we can end up creating tales of our own as we explore and embrace new paths. Recently, a quartet of stories depicting a neighbourhood in Naples caught the imaginati
- INTRODUCING VOLUME 16: THE SPIRIT ISSUEIt was never my intention for this issue to be about horses. But as I sat signing off final page proofs in the days before going to print, I found an inordinate amount of the animals staring back at me. There were images of muscular mares in Texas and Montana, horse-drawn carriages trundling along the cobbled streets of Seville, nimble ponies chasing the wind in Tibet – and even a foal learning to walk on its spindly legs in Georgia. When I first realised the four-legged creatures had hijacked t
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- The Word, a weekly newsletter by Sonder & TellShortly after joining Sonder & Tell, I launched our newsletter The Word, which has become a widely respected weekly mailer focussing on book reviews, brands we love, writing prompts, interviews we've done with content creators and brand marketers, and a storylist of articles, books, podcasts and content we consume over the week. We've been featured in Lecture In Progress (a subsidiary project from It's Nice That) and have accrued over 1000 subscribers in a few short months.
- 'How Do You Like Your Copy In The Morning?'An event series (and proud pun) run by Sonder & Tell which acts as part creative breakfast and part talk/Q&A with leading content creators, copywriters and brand storytellers. Hosted at your new favourite glasses brand Bailey Nelson, we had freelance Copywriter Vikki Ross (Sky TV, ITV, The Body Shop, Virgin), and next we'll have Monzo's writer Harry Ashbridge and Creative Strategist at eatbigfish, Benjamin Cooper to complete the series.
- Issue #11Issue #11 launches with an obscene amount of good stuff for you to feast your eyes on. In our interview section you’ll meet…food designer Laila Gohar, legendary musician Calypso Rose, CEO of the Serpentine Galleries Yana Peel, music executive Grace Ladoja, former convicted anarchist Yukiko Ekida.18
- Republic Summer Business SchoolDuring August and September, Republic is running a series of workshops for anyone who's launching – or thinking of launching – their own business. You could be a freelancer looking to expand your revenue streams, an entrepreneur with a idea that needs to be nurtured, or business owner who wants to grow. You can either come to the whole series, or drop in for the workshop that's most useful to you. Our no-nonsense, jargon-free advice workshops are interactive, intimate and informal, so you'll
- Applications closed - Content, Copywriting & Social Media Freelancer Speed Pitching event at Ace Hotel.Applications for this event have closed. Find more events here. Are you a freelancer and in the world of content, copywriting or social media? We're looking for 25 passionate, diverse and talented folk to join our Freelancer Speed Pitching event at Ace Hotel, London! During the event, you'll pitch yourself and show your portfolio to approx 12 reps from an array of brands. You'll have eight minutes with each rep in a speed-dating style setup. Expect to pitch to reps from the likes of Nike, Daze29
- Sonder & Tell + Jigsaw create Comfort Zones the bookThe iconic fashion brand Jigsaw is in the business of selling clothes, not books. But we believed that an essay anthology could appeal to the Jigsaw customer’s wider cultural interests, align the brand with their target audience and raise money for a relevant cause. We worked closely with their marketing team and EIC Ana Santi along with design studio Duzi to create Comfort Zones the book, a collection of essays, letters and stories by 28 influential women writers. We challenged writers to go o
+ Show more
Co-founderSonder & Tell
London, United KingdomFull Time
Sonder & Tell is a content and communications agency that helps story-driven brands find their voice and express themselves. Founded in 2017 by Kate Hamilton and Emily Ames (former Editor-in-Chief and Brand Director of SUITCASE Magazine respectively) the company combines smart strategy with innovative storytelling to create communications that cut through the noise – from internal brand documents to customer-facing editorial.
- Travel Writing