Hello, I’m Kate - a 24 year old creative, enthusiastic and hard-working designer living in London. I currently work for OKA who are an interior design brand, as a middle weight digital graphic designer. I am most passionate about branding, and creating a personality for a product or service, which I have now built on since graduating with challenging internships and freelance projects and my current job as an in-house designer. I have created a wide variety of engaging design projects from idea creation through to sign off, always with great client feedback. My projects have ranged from branding, social media, website design, app design, packaging, book illustration, and editorial design. Throughout my freelance work, internships and study, I have developed a strong knowledge of design principles, composition, band adherence, and colour theory. I have a good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. I have interned and worked in Newcastle, London and New York city where I have worked for design agencies, advertising agencies, an editorial company and am now an in-house designer for a travel company called Flash Pack. I am used to a fast paced environment, so I am very organised and used to working to very tight briefs. I am constantly on the look out for inspiration for my work and keep myself very up to date with the design world. When I am not at work I enjoy exploring the city I am lucky enough to now call home, and I practise my hobbies of photography, yoga and watercolour illustration when I can. I also really enjoy being outdoors walking (or skiing when I get the opportunity) as well as being on the water, sailing or paddle-boarding. I travel as much as I possibly can because I love discovering cultures, as I find it’s the best way to get inspired.
+ Show more
- Victory VermontThe brief - Victory Vermont is a maple syrup production company that has been in it’s primitive stage for some time now. Named after the place of origin, Victory Vermont has recently acquired investments to help ramp up production. With their increase in productivity comes their need for a brand refresh, and this is where you come in.
- Smiles across MilesI worked with a team to create a small set of Instagram stories for #smilesacrossmiles project to help raise awareness to those struggling with domestic and child abuse in lockdown. Since the UK entered lockdown, we’ve seen an increase in domestic and child abuse, loneliness and suicides. To raise awareness of these issues and spread positivity in these strange times, why not send a virtual smile to someone you care about – no matter the distance between you?
- Foundation Futures rebrandFoundation Futures are a charity who are dedicated to helping disadvantaged kids in the North East. They’re old branding felt corporate and a bit intimidating. It was time to give it a fresh new look for their existing brand and their new branding. The original branding was clunky, outdated and felt trapped in a hexagon. I opened it up and simplified the lines and updated the colours to be fresh and clean, and inviting.
- Flash PackFlash Pack offers adventures for like-minded solo travellers in their 30s and 40s that get under the skin of a place via local and unique experiences. Think the thrill of backpacking, elevated by boutique hotels and seamless itineraries. I am currently the Graphic Designer at Flash Pack. I joined Flash Pack as an intern when they were in the process of rebranding the company. I have been able to learn a great deal about CRM, social media and website design from this job. I have worked on socia
- Yorkshire HoneyWhen looking through a farm shop in Yorkshire, I found a jar of honey that had a label that I felt wasn't doing the honey inside any justice. I wanted to capture the homemade element of the honey which comes from the hand-drawn feel of the lettering and flowers. The flowers are found in Yorkshire, of which the honey would be made from. I created a pattern and packaging for the honey to come in.
+ View all
Graphic DesignerFlash Pack
London, United KingdomInternship
Flash Pack is a boutique travel company, for solo travelers in the 30s and 40s. As a inhouse designer at Flash Pack, I am have been assisting the rebrand of the company by creating weekly newsletters, social content on Instagram and social thumbnails for Youtube, IGTV and Facebook. I have also helped with rebrand implementation for the new website and other collateral. I have learned a great deal about the inner workings of a brand, about creating regular content and marketing, as well as learning a lot about design practices along the way.
+ Show more
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Branding Identity
- Social Design
- Marketing Design
- Instagram Design