Kaye Symington is the co-founder of Paved With Gold, a digital marketing consultancy who build communities and audiences for new and established brands. Following the successful delivery of many international crowdfunding campaigns, raising over $1 million dollars of capital for different (product & service) campaigns, Kaye and her team at Paved with Gold, have recently been named as one of Kickstarter’s selected Global Experts. Kaye has a real knack for creating exciting ways for people to engage with new and existing brands and has a wide-ranging knowledge of influencer marketing and community management.
- Glasgow Print Fair 2020Glasgow Print Fair at home is open until the 31st of July! We asked a selection of artists across Europe to create new prints based on the theme of nature for this year’s event. We were overwhelmed by its success last year. This year we had hoped to grow the festival, planning to take over two floors of the Lighthouse, as well as hosting an exhibition. When lockdown hit, however, we went back to the drawing board. In 2 weeks we established a simple yet fun way to make this year’s print fair ha
- Doctor WhoDuring my time at BBC Worldwide I created and implemented the social strategy for Doctor Who, creating and maintaining a growing Facebook audience: reaching over 2.3 million fans at the time of leaving. Implementing a fan lead approach to conversations. Services (full implementation) - Community Management - Creating and delivering content strategy - Creating a new tone of voice for Doctor Who on social - Working closely with all Doctor Who stakeholders (incl. Public Service) - Reporting on tr
- StickyGram (now Sticky9)StickyGram was the world's first Instagram magnet printing service. I joined in it's second year to nurture and grow their developing community. It has since been sold to Photobox. Services (Full Implementation) - Brand Management - Community Management - Press and Blogger outreach - Creation of Brand Advocates - Creating and delivering content strategy - Photography (for social media) - Creating a brand voice that ran through all comms - Event Management - Key Campaigns - KPI and reporting to board of directors - Advertising - CPC, Facebook, Sponsored Blogs - CRM
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Newspaper ClubWe were incredibly excited when Newspaper Club got us on board to help them understand and analyse their audience. We worked with them to identify key audience groups, and create a marketing strategy that suited each one. We work with the team in-house to help them deliver their marketing campaigns, and steer creative thinking alongside their social ads agency. Using Newspaper Club's key customer groups we produced a photoshoot based on one of their audiences. We used excellent examples of
- Mayku Teach — MaykuAn online teaching portal that works seamlessly with Mayku’s primary product – a tabletop vacuum former – to bring the national curriculum to life through making. The portal will launch in October with an initial focus on year 5 science, technology, engineering, art and maths. I was part of the core team brought together to define and develop the education product, iterating fast alongside user research and testing. In addition to designing the online portal itself, we also collaborated with te
UK Comms LeadKickstarter
Glasgow, United KingdomFreelance
Looking after press + communications for Kickstarter in the UK.
Co-organiserGlasgow Print Fair
Glasgow, United KingdomFreelance
In 2019 we organised the inaugural Glasgow Print Fair alongside Maraid Design. We invited over 50 artists and printmakers together for a day of printmaking fun which included a screen-printing workshop. With over 2000 people through the doors we had a storming day. We took Glasgow Print Fair online for 2020, we had 30 artists from across Europe create prints based on the theme of nature. Taking place over the month of July, print fans were able to browse and purchase the works online.
+ Show more
- Marketing PR
- Content Marketing
- Community Management
- Community Building
- Branding and Tone of Voice
- Crowd Funding
BBC Worldwide Board Award for InnovationBBC WorldwideCreation of a Facebook Video-On-Demand application for Doctor Who, this then became the template for other brands such as Top Gear and Dancing with the Stars.