https://keithmuir.com Freelance Graphic Designer and Biddable Executive for OmniGOV @ Manning Gottlieb OMD. Specialising in visual identity, branding, and art direction, I aim to elevate my clients' brands through bespoke designs which are captivating and consistent to their brand and audience. Projects I have worked on can be viewed below, which include: - Front cover and spread design for Cover Magazine's third issue. - Art direction, content design, and paid social management for Simba Music. - Branding and logo design for Evie Muir. - Individual fine art commissions. As a Biddable Executive, I, specialise in Paid Social and Paid Search. Clients worked on include Cabinet Office, HMRC and Royal Navy, overseeing large-scale campaigns such as EU Exit. Studying Visual Identity and UAL: London College of Communication and Art History & English at the University of Nottingham (attaining a First) has developed a fundamental knowledge of visual communication in the creative industries. Additional experience during my degree centred around graphic design to further this proficiency.
+ Show more
- Uncle Simba: Social Content and Poster DesignOngoing collaboration with Uncle Simba, a London-based musician. Functioning as both his art director and graphic designer, I've enhanced the visual direction of his social content (primarily Instagram) and posters. The designs seek to evoke the playful nature of his music whilst injecting influences from traditional African pattern design, comic books and video games.
- Cover Magazine: Front Cover and Spread Design (2020)Cover Magazine are a fashion and lifestyle magazine seeking to highlight popular cultural trends. For their third issue, 'The Collective' I was asked to design the front cover for the issue along with other key spreads. Below is the front cover, as well as 'The Collective' typographic title page, shoot composition and title spread for Summa Taylor's interview.
- EXHIBIT: Branding Guideline (2020)EXHIBIT are a London-based multi-purpose venue which hosts events ranging from art exhibitions, music and nightclub events, vintage markets, and creative workshops. Coinciding with EXHIBIT's launch, this brand guideline was produced to instruct designers of the requirements for upcoming asset and collateral creation as well as to ensure visual consistency. This was developed as the final project for UAL's Visual Identity short course.
- Crop Up Gallery: Exhibition Branding (2018)Collaborating with Nottingham Lakeside Arts, posters and social assets were created to promote the gallery's upcoming Sanctuary exhibition. Using Nottingham Lakeside Art's photograph of their choosing and meeting their branding requirements, minimalist OOH promotion and organic social activity on Facebook and Instagram were produced. Nottingham Lakeside Arts sought to have the photography take centre-stage in their promotion, which is why I chose to keep the typography, logo usage, colour scheme
- Crop Up Gallery: Merch Design (2018)Crop Up Gallery partnered with various artists and illustrators in the Nottingham area to create a limited run of merchandise. The artists were commissioned to produce a unique artwork which could be recreated on posters and t-shirts. The below design was my submission for this project, producing an abstract portrait inspired by neo-expressionist fine art.
- The Lacehouse: Event Branding (2016)The Lacehouse's student event Elray sought to distinguish itself from other student events through its visual identity. As a summer event, Elray was influenced by beach parties and the themes of playfulness and relaxation. The logo, wordmark, posters and social assets were designed with these themes in mind, articulating an event which offered the promise of a coastal fun within the city centre. The designs were distributed on flyers, posters and on Facebook and Instagram.
+ View all
London, United KingdomFreelance
Alongside my role at Manning Gottlieb, I accept graphic design and branding projects on a freelance basis. Additionally, I have begun accepting commissions for bespoke fine art pieces. Projects include: - Front cover and spread design for Cover Magazine's third issue. - Art direction, content design, and paid social management for Uncle Simba Music. - Branding and logo design for Evie Muir. - Individual fine art commissions.
Biddable ExecutiveManning Gottlieb OMD
London, United KingdomFull Time
Promoted to Biddable Executive in January 2020, this position has required overseeing the Paid Social and Paid Search campaigns for the following UK Government clients: - Cabinet Office - HMRC - Department for Education - Department for Work and Pensions - Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy - Department for International Trade - British Army - Royal Navy - Royal Air Force - Crown Commercial Services - British Business Bank - Competition & Markets Authority - National Savings & Investments - UK Export Finance The planning, creation, optimisation and reporting of campaigns is essential, along with financial consistency and developing client and media partner relationships. Also completed the MG Academy program and won the pitch project with his team, completed the IPA Foundation Certificate attaining a Pass with Merit as well as multiple certificates by Facebook and Google. Additionally been part of MG OMD’s OPEN initiative for diversity and inclusion, been a member of Resolution’s Social Planning Committee and presented 101’s to students of Southfield Academy and DWP’s Civil Service graduates.
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Indesign
- Microsoft Office
- Visual Identity
- Logo Design
- Art Direction
- Media Buying
- Art History
- Creative Writing
Art History and EnglishUniversity of Nottingham
- Nottingham, United Kingdom
Specialised in modern and contemporary art and literature modules along with linguistics, attaining a First. Presented the Art History Dissertation Award for my dissertation titled 'Representing Blackness: Construction, criteria and strategies of black art', achieving the highest marks in my year. Received the Nottingham Advantage Award for completing optional modules on top of my degree.