I started my career as a commercial film editor in Toronto, Canada and my editing work consists of adverts for brands including Lynx and Old El Paso and many music videos, a highlight being a music video I cut for R.E.M. Throughout my career I have built both production and post-production teams, and have guided and supported them in delivering consistently strong content for every platform across the video spectrum from OOH, social and TVC. I now work as Head of Marketing for a production company that creates branded content for brands and agencies and I’m passionate about the power of video in marketing. I really value strong and authentic client relationships which I know are key to producing brilliant video work. My frustration with the lack of women applying for editing roles motivated me to start an instagram account called Edit Girls which showcases and shares career stories from women working in Post Production. The purpose of Edit Girls is to connect and encourage more women and girls to pursue a career in this exciting field, which is often a very male-dominated industry. I’m part of the Bloom UK leadership team as Head of Brand and Content. Bloom is a volunteer-led network of 180+ women in the communications industries, championing the real voices of women and focused on spearheading positive industry change and paying it forward to the next generation.
- Edit Girls career story - Ruth Hegarty - EditorAn interview with documentary editor Ruth Hegarty, as part of a collection of career stories for Edit Girls, a platform championing women in post-production. 'Meet Ruth Hegarty, a commercial editor with some incredible and extremely creative work under her belt. She gives great insight into editing social content and shares with us how she started and what she loves about editing. Enjoy her career story!'
- Edit Girls career story - Flaura Atkinson - EditorAn interview with documentary editor Flaura Atkinson, as part of a collection of career stories for Edit Girls, a platform championing women in post-production. 'Meet Flaura Atkinson, an offline editor at Stitch - I’ve been so looking forward to sharing Flaura’s career story, she is so incredibly talented and gives such great insight. Enjoy!'
- Edit girls career story - Stephanie Filo - EditorAn interview with editor Stephanie Filo, as part of a collection of career stories for Edit Girls, a platform championing women in post production. 'Meet Stephanie Filo, an editor with an impressive eye for comedic timing. Starting as a night assistant editor, and now to editing the comedy ‘A Black Lady Sketch Show’ on HBO, her career story is certainly an impressive one!'
- Edit Girls career story - Sarah Taylor - EditorAn interview with documentary editor Sarah Taylor, as part of a collection of career stories for Edit Girls, a platform championing women in post production. 'Meet editor Sarah Taylor. I’m super excited to share Sarah’s story as I’ve also had the pleasure of chatting with her about all things editing on her podcast. Sarah is so passionate about her craft and her approach to projects makes me wish I was a documentary director to be able to work with her! Enjoy Sarah’s career story!'
- Clinique - B+A AgencyAn edit project for B+A Agency to create social video edits to promote their diversity drive for beauty and skincare brand Clinique. A small but mighty project that I'm particularly proud of as it was the first opportunity to connect a talented editor from the Edit Girls community, Francine Leach, with an agency to produce an edit as part of a really important drive for diversity within the Clinique brand.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Clinique - 'Beyond Perfecting'Working closely with Clinique we wrote and developed scripts, sourced talent and found a beautiful location in which to film. The key was to reflect the crisp and clean look of the Clinique brand whilst ensuring the films felt accessible and relaxed. We filmed across two days with D.O.P Paul King who created a beautiful natural look across all four films. Each film has a relaxed and informative feel that gives the viewer some real insight into the tips and tricks of the trade from Florrie's wealth of experience in the beauty industry.
- Rapidlash/ Rapidbrow - We Know Lashes/ BrowsThis video is part of a video campaign we created for beauty brand RapidLash. The content was filmed in our studios - Cherryduck Studios and edited on-site at The Nest, our creative co-working office. Cherryduck Productions is a London based production company creating branded video content, animation, live stream, social video, recruitment video, e-learning, and events video. Email email@example.com to learn more.
- World Duty Free - 'Get The Glow Before You Go'We filmed both tutorials in Studio 5 at Cherryduck Studios across one day. Working closely with make-up artist Harriet Hadfield and World Duty Free to create two looks that would appeal to the woman heading on her holidays! Working with exclusive products from Bobbi Brown, Clarins and Givenchy, Harriet takes the viewer through the creation of the perfect holiday look.1
+ Show more
- Business Development
- Video Editing
- Account Management
- Client Services