I am a recent graduate from the London School of Economics and Political Science. My interests include photography, politics and representation. I am a co-founder of Muslim Sisterhood, a photography series that explores female Muslim identity in London.
- Muslim Sisterhood for Trippin x Nike Shox: Heritage of TomorrowAs a part of Trippin's Heritage of Tomorrow event marking the release of the Nike Shox, Muslim Sisterhood was invited as a collaborater as one of 'London’s most progressive thought leaders, those who are challenging the cultural dialogues of the status quo.' Our workshop included zine making centred around London heritage, using polaroids and London maps, allowing guests to make their own Trippin style guides. We also allowed the customisation of a Nike hijab at our workshop, and held an intent
- Muslim SisterhoodMuslim Sisterhood is a photography series capturing young Muslim women in London. The project explores the multiplicities of British Muslims and celebrates the diversity of the city they grew up in. The series was a part of the 'We are Here' exhibition marking 100 years of partial women's suffrage and has featured in Huck Magazine, Galdem and Amaliah.
Projects credited in
- At the Feet of Our MothersSo honoured to be a part of this project with an amazing team of wonderful Muslim women organised by PlayNice and MuslimSisterhood. Inspired by Hadiths and Islamic teachings around sacred matriarchal bonds they have created a beautiful short film and zine, sharing intimate conversations and moments between mothers and their daughters, exploring migrant dreams and matriarchal hopes. Ultimately it is a celebration of the women who have made us the women we are today.
- International Women’s Day 2020, meet 100 trailblazers redefining the creative industryAt The Dots, International Women’s Day isn’t just a day – it’s a whole month! A time to take over the site and shine a light on the women and non-binary people redefining the creator landscape. For #IWD2020, we asked industry leaders to nominate the trailblazing women and non-binary people they think will redefine the creative and digital industries over the coming years. The list we’ve put together is one that beams with brilliant, talented people and their dedication to positive change. Book167
+ Show more
Creative Content ProducerAmaliah
- London, United KingdomInternship
• Create original graphic and visual content for website and social media platforms helping them reach 10,000 followers on Instagram • Planning and updating content schedules to increase audience outreach • Collaborated with Stylist magazine to advocate the need for diverse representation in media by suggesting initiatives to appeal to new audiences • Producing and editing daily editorial content • Propose concepts for short videos, create storyboards, direct filming and production, and edit final film
Office AssistantMaison du Pain
- London, United KingdomFull Time
• Managed calls, emails and other administrative duties, including filing and invoicing • Processed over 50 orders a day with 100% accuracy by paying attention to detail and ensuring customers needs were satisfied • Rebranded social media pages, increasing following by 200% over 4 weeks by producing engaging and aesthetically pleasing daily content
+ Show more
- 35mm Film Photography
- Final Cut Pro
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Portrait Photography
- Academic Writing
- Administration Jobs