Laura Wickstead is an artist based in London. Laura creates abstract pieces that are studies of shape and form. Through a curvaceous flow, her work brings to life a harmonious balance of geometric shapes with a soft and calming colour palette. She produces her work using acrylic paint and pastel pencils to create art that celebrates expression and imperfection.
- The Hoxton, Shepherds Bush | Bedroom Artwork Commission〰 There’s a brand new Hoxton in town! Delighted to have worked on another amazing project with The Hoxton/Ennismore team to make two original artworks/prints to feature in the guest bedrooms. Also special shout out to Sterling Art Consultants for being so wonderful to work with too! The brief was to create some organic forms with earthy tones that were inspired by my previous work. Initially, I created nine sketches to start this commission which were then narrowed down to these two designs. I
- Wanderings | October 2022Monthly musings of art, interiors and inspiration. This month's journal post includes Top 3 Tips by Studio Gabrielle, a great Q&A with the ceramic artist Abid Javed and a paired painting with Shell. To read this month's post, please visit my website: https://www.laurawickstead.com/wanderings/october-2022
- Interview | The FloristryThis month I was interviewed by The Floristry for their Harvest edition of their print magazine, Field Notes. The Floristry is a lifestyle brand advocating wild-inspired living and is also a florist based in Hong Kong. In the interview, I gave some insights into my life and work and also considered how the upcoming season of Autumn influences me on both a professional and personal level. As well as the interview, I also collaborated with The Floristry to select three of my paintings to be made
- Wanderings | September 2022Monthly musings of art, interiors and inspiration. This month's journal post shares the inspiration behind my collection with The Ode To, some really useful interior design tips from Rachael Gowdridge and a lovely Q&A with artist and illustrator Jessica Rose Bird. To read this month's post, please visit my website: https://www.laurawickstead.com/wanderings/september-2022
- The River Restaurant by Gordon Ramsay | The Savoy Hotel'Expressions of Abstraction' | Exhibition Last year, Offshoot Arts approached me to put forward my work for consideration to be exhibited in The River Restaurant by Gordon Ramsay at The Savoy Hotel. They had been tasked with curating the exhibition in collaboration with A Space for Art and were working with the esteemed Russell Sage studio who were the interior designers behind the art-deco interior. My artwork was chosen to be included among a collection of artists whose practice explores expr
+ View all