Projects credited in
- ADE 2019 eventsAmsterdam Dance Event (ADE) is the most upfront, influential and educational gathering for electronic music and its industry. With its conference, festival and educational breeding ground, ADE is able to create not only the biggest yearly industry tent-pole moment, but also a solid foundation for future generations of electronic music professionals. The event attracts a total of more than 1,000 events in nearly 200 locations across its multidisciplinary program; for five days and nights, the ci
- Mixmag - Sustainable Sesh: How Clubs and Festivals are Boosting the Green AgendaA freelance piece for Mixmag that explored how both the festival and club scenes are helping to boost a wider green agenda. The focus was not purely to point out the negative environmental impact that these events may have, but instead to pinpoint how the industry blends both pleasure and environmental discourse in a way that positively effects wider perspectives of climate change and matters of sustainability. I interviewed a number of industry heads including people from Boomtown Fair, Shamb
- Music Journalism - VariousSelected writings for various music publications and platforms including Mixmag, Keep Hush, Once Upon A Grime, and Radar Radio. I've written about Grime, Hip-Hop and electronic music scenes in London. As well as writing easy-to-digest listicles, I've conducted extensive research in writing opinion pieces, conducted real-life and phone interviews, have written press releases, and haveposted cultural articles on my own on my portfolio. https://medium.com/@_saagark
- CHARLOTTE DE WITTE IS A FORCE OF NATURE'To the untrained eye it seems as though she doesn’t stop – and on closer inspection it’s true, she doesn’t. Her manager often gets angry emails from fans saying he’s overworking her, which Charlotte finds hilarious. Because she’s over-working him.' In August 2019 I went on a three day tour with Charlotte de Witte and wrote the cover story for November's issue of Mixmag. Read the full story here: https://mixmag.net/feature/charlotte-de-witte-cover-feature-interview-kntxt
- Calvin Harris's I Created Disco is a conceptual masterpieceWhat have 10 years of Calvin Harris given us? An era of chart-topping EDM; newfound heights of DJ fame, complete with celebrity relationships; a seemingly never-ending slew of bangerz to please the masses in Ayia-flipping- Napa. It stands to reason then, that his widely slated debut album ‘I Created Disco’, released a decade ago this year, is seldom revisited with any great fervour. Read the full article here.
+ Show more