www.louisehoney.co.uk Freelance consultant for conscious design insight, direction and business development. Based in North West Cornwall, England. Menswear / Womenswear / Lifestyle / Future Design / Sustainability / Fashion History / Innovation / Bio Design Proudly part of a global collective of creatives who are working hard to harmonize their methods with nature for the sake of environmental protection, human rights and self expression, I guide independent designers and small-scale businesses by helping them to solidify and present their unique vision through content creation, thoughtful marketing techniques and business guidance. Through my own self directed projects and freelance work, I enjoy learning the stories of others, their ideas and vision and am particularly drawn to those following circular, sustainable and conscious design strategies. I relish in discussing ideas, researching, observing and discovering new and emerging communities of admirable creatives working across a variety of fields. I am passionate about the past and future of design and how this affects the now. I support the future I desire and believe in by assisting brands I wish to see flourish.
- Converse Case Study Pack : In Conversation with Sage Elsesser & Bobby De KeyzerAhead of the Converse ‘Case Study’ footwear capsule release on November 29th Flatspot caught up with Converse team riders Sage Elsesser and Bobby De Keyzer to discuss the design, functionality and inspiration behind the two footwear styles included within the collection. We were lucky to catch the duo during their whirlwind stop in London and not only did we gain a solid insight into how the project came to be, conversation also turned to art school, travel and life lessons. After writing a lis
- Sustainability Series: Satta, Soulland & Stan Ray‘An ever discussed topic nowadays, sustainability has become a key talking point and phrase used by fashion and lifestyle retailers as part of a global movement that is positively raising awareness for the environment. Marking a new era for design, which is full of innovation and creativity within heritage brands and new labels, we’ve begun looking deeper into a selection of the brands we stock who are naturally supporting conscious production whilst also working hard to better their techniques
- In Conversation with Kieron Forbes of Garden SkateboardsFlatspot caught up with founder Kieron Forbes to hear about the Garden Skateboards launch event, his recent trip to Japan and what led him to launch his own independent company. Via email I corresponded with Kieron to gain an idea to what Garden is all about which I then wrote up for the blog, accompanied by imagery from the brands recent summer collection which was edited by the in-house Flatspot photography team. You can read the full feature here: https://www.flatspot.com/blogs/blog/in-conv
- Polar Skate Co. Summer '19 SelectionsAs a key brand at Flatspot each season we highlight new arrivals from Malmö based Polar Skate Co. by creating our own lookbook including our favourite pieces for the season paired with other leading brands stocked at Flatspot including Nike SB and adidas. I selected and styled key pieces from the summer '19 range which were then shot in-house at the Flatspot office on Steve Attfield a member of the Flatspot skate team. Accompanying the images, I also wrote a short piece reviewing new designs and
- Levi's Vintage Clothing: Bob Dylan's 551Z JeansI was asked to write a feature about the Levi's Vintage Clothing 551Z Customized Jeans for Always in Colour. Using my natural interest in history, music and vintage clothing, I really enjoyed the research part for this piece which enabled me to accurately include the names and dates of those associated with the musician at the time. As an authentic reproduction of folk singer Bob Dylan’s 551Z jeans, the pair has been crafted with sharp attention to detail including the use of the same thread co
+ View all
Copywriter & Content CreatorFlatspot
Plymouth, United KingdomFull Time
Key Responsibilities: - Produce well-structured, engaging and relevant product copy, feature and blog copy for both online stores - Research and be aware of industry-related topics and brands relating to menswear, fashion, streetwear, lifestyle, skateboarding and future trends - Ensure work meets SEO guidelines set by the company - Propose new content ideas and briefs using self led research - Be able to produce work to a given brief and meet tight deadlines - Coordinate with photography departments for photo content when required I use my knowledge of garment construction, textiles, design and the future of the industry to create relevant, engaging work that has successfully increased traffic to our main sites and social platforms. As both companies are operated by the same team, I alter my voice accordingly to suit our different skate, lifestyle and fashion driven customers. In addition to my writing I have also been the in-house stylist.
- Exeter, United KingdomFull Time
- Cash management and key holder - Training new members of staff - Informing customers with technical information on garments - Processing deliveries and stock management - Dressing of mannequins and refreshing window displays - Assistant manager for procedures such as communicating sales figures to HQ - Supported the organisation of promotional events As store supervisor I developed my retail skills and knowledge across the brands outdoor and technical designs to successfully help customers find what they were looking for. This role enabled me to have face to face contact with the customer base following my design internship at HQ and I am proud to say that within my first two of months of work I was recognised for going above and beyond in my role.
+ Show more
- Copywriting Editorial
- Content Creation
- Content Copywriting
- Graphic Design
- Sustainable Fashion
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator