I am a conceptual photographer and art director. I finished a MA Photography at UAL London, and received a BA in Art-direction at Willem de Kooning in Holland. I have done part of my BA in New York on the School of Visual Arts. As a non-conformist, I want to let the viewer rethink their own behavior and desires in a humorous, aesthetically and surreal manner by creating my own sculptures.
- Smuggle your drugsIn collaboration with Vice, I created an 6-spread photo series for Vice Magazine. It gives a good example of my conceptual thinking and my photography. In festival (in Holland) it's allowed to bring in food to the festival camping areas, whereas drugs is forbidden of course. We wanted to created a 'fun' and visually playful series to give the festival visitor some inspiration on how to hide the drugs in the food.
- Monday Morning Meeting‘’Monday Morning Meeting'' is a photography series which explores the culture of work within the advertising industry, throughout performances. Power relations, unabashed careerism, and a zombie body of social norms are styled in the common currency of stock imagery. ‘’Monday Morning Meeting'' is a project by Marloes Haarmans and Focus Group.
- Crocs X Marloes HaarmansFor the campaign ''Crocs out the box'' I was commissioned to do an artist collaboration with them, to put the Crocs shoe in a artistic perspective. In my work, I like to juxtapose found objects and products. Through this combination and change of context I alter their meaning and imbue them with a new sense of possibility. For this reason, there is no better shoe brand to work with than Crocs. The odd silhouette, solid colours, holes and lightweight foam possess so much potential. With this pr
- This is not a love song.The human body gets constantly translated into everyday objects that make use of symbols of sexual identification. With this project I challenged the function of these objects’ by creating surreal and unrecognizable narratives that subvert our gender-roles. Each image is for the viewer to rethink the symbols around their own sexual and intimate behaviour.
+ View all
+ Show more
- 3D Artist
- Creative Arts
- Art and Creative Direction
- Accessories Photography
- Adobe Premiere/photoshop/indesign
- Advertising Photographer
- Abstract Photography
- Photography Assistant
- Still Life Photography