U.K. based creative director, photographer, stylist and writer. My work focuses on the intersections of identity, culture, sports and politics. Strengthened by my academic career which includes a Masters degree in Media and Communications from Goldsmiths and numerous publications. I have worked with titles ranging from BBC, The Guardian and British Vogue to Complex, Highsnobiety, HYPEBEAST and Nataal amongst others. I have also collaborated with brands including Adidas, Beats by Dre, Fiorucci, Nike and Umbro.
- Remastered Arsenal 20/21 kit for The Black CurriculumReally pleased with my most recent project, a 1 of 1 remastered Arsenal jersey with the names and faces of influential Black figures in education. I was approached by London based women's football team Sirens F.C. who asked me to donate a signed print to raise money for Kick it Out and The Black Curriculum. They also gave me the opportunity to produce this kit thanks to support from adidas. I wanted to showcase a mix of academic figures and pop culture icons to showcase the wide tapestry of pe
- Anti-semitism and the black community – a complicated relationship for GUAP magazineI wrote a piece for GUAP magazine detailing my thoughts of Wiley's string of anti-Semitic tweets that saw police arrive at his home within 24 hours and him being banned from Twitter. Since then he has also been banned from YouTube and Facebook re-igniting conversations about the inconsistency in what is deemed as punishable hate speech by social media platforms, mainstream media outlets and in contemporary discourse as a whole. Though instances of intolerance and bigotry are undoubtedly negati
- Elegant People for Nataal MediaThe project was inspired by a subculture from Congo known as The Sapeurs, which I saw via a Guinness advert in 2014. I researched the origins of the subculture to inform my creative direction. I then shared moodboards with the stylist I recruited and made contact with Daily Paper to secure pieces for the looks. I studied the history of sub-Saharan African studio photography to inform the set design for the shoot. I then cast the models and photographed and retouching the project. Photography a
+ View all
PhotographerBeats by Dre
- Stockport, United KingdomFreelance
Advertorial for Beats by Dre featured in the "Coming Thru" issue of Soccer Bible. After reading the theme of the next issue I came up with the idea of shooting Manchester City's Phil Foden in his hometown of Stockport. I had the idea of shooting him against the muted industrial backdrop dressed in high fashion sportswear infused looks to show the juxtaposition of his roots against his fame and success with City. After putting together mood boards I sourced a stylist and shot the project for the coming issue.
PhotojournalistClash Music Group
- London, United KingdomFreelance
After researching Hackney Wick F.C. (a semi-professional football club that supports their local community of Hackney) I found out about a charity football match they were organising featuring some of the U.K.'s most prominent rappers and grime emcees. I secured a press pass for the event and photographed some of the artists in attendance as well as those playing. I then wrote an article for CLASH magazine about the event and music's position within wider debate about gang violence and crime.
+ Show more
MA Media & Communication Goldsmiths, University of London
London, United Kingdom
Whilst studying at Goldsmiths the elective modules I have chosen have been: Race, Empire & Nation, Post-colonial theory, and Social Media in Everyday life "a global perspective". Studying this subject matter has given me a more holistic understanding of the systems and processes through which society and culture in manufactured. In the creative industries this is crucial perspective because understanding culture and society is key to communicating ideas accurately to consumers. It has also given me a deeper understanding of the importance of authenticity and responsible representation. I feel my expanded political and sociological knowledge is also evident in my journalistic work.
First Class BA (Hons) PhotographyBirmingham CIty Univeristy
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
I studied Visual Communications specialising in photography at BCU. The course focused on technical skills and production, collaboration and enterprise, research and audience and concept development. Whilst studying I demonstrated proficiency in all of these things by achieving 1sts in every module of final year whilst working with high profile clients to contribute to my actual portfolio.