• Previously, I held a position as a Graphics/Web Designer for the ZKM, Center For Art And New Media. I was responsible for creating multiple affiliate web sites and maintaining transitional graphics on the ZKM site. I have also spent two years producing several e-commerce sites as the Chief Graphics/Web Designer for Best Diamond Value, in New York. The position involved design and production of the corporate web site (including spin off sites), creating & distributing mass email newsletters. My range of skills include the following: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Dreamweaver, MS Word/Excel, as well as HTML. • In addition to my skills as a web designer, I have an extensive background in painting. I have participated in the BP Portrait Award at the National Portrait Gallery in 2004, 2007 – 2010, 2017 and continue to practice art on a daily basis.Locked Pro Plan feature
• Illustration projects and Tattooing ° Strong focus on contemporary portraiture, see portfolio here: www.foroozanfar.com ° Illustrated characters for an Arcademic video game soon to be released, utilising both traditional and digital mediums (watercolour to Wacom tablet/Photoshop) to draw, paint and develop characters to spec. • Licensed Junior Tattooist (been inking professionally for just over a year from my own studio).
• Contributed to the education of a child with special educational needs in both positive and practical ways •created visual methods using cards and other learning tools with which a 5 year old, autistic child could adapt to changes in daily learning lessons comfortably. • Also supported and encouraged low-key interactive social games as to not overwhelm the child easily, but would enable him to socialize with a couple of children at a time. • (Encouraged social engagement/growth).
• Collaborated with the art director and content editors. • Designed layouts, logos, website graphics, produced websites for affiliates and exhibition-related events, as well as transitional banners for the ZKM website ° Edited English copy of the IMKP (Internationaler Medien Kunst Preis/ International Media Art Award 2002) publication.
• Identity & logo design ° Designed and distributed mass HTML marketing emails ° Content management ° Re-designed and maintained B-to-B, e-commerce jewellery website ° Designed and maintained transitional graphics for four E-Commerce sites and printed marketing materials such as postcards & flyers: (original designs have changed since.
• Data entry, workflow management, light bookkeeping (Excel spreadsheets), answered phones, ordered supplies, inventory, intranet.
• Printed customer insurance manuals, pamphlets, etc. • using mainly Xerox 5090 Laser Printer machines and hand-press printing methods on occasion.
Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
Certification in Web Technology: Web Design and relative programming languages.
Bachelors of Fine Arts: Illustration • Advanced Illustration course consisting of oil and acrylic painting, drawing, life drawing, traditional and digital Illustration classes. • Developed a keen sense of colour and a sharp eye for composition, colour theory, perspective, detail, photography and typography. • Design Skills. Painting, Layouts, typography, drawing, sketching. • Digital Design Software. Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
BP Portrait Award Exhibitions: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2017
Presented at the ROI annual exhibition PV.
Artist & Illustrators 'Artist of the Year 2008 Competition', 1st place medal 'Portrait & Figurative' category