Give me pencil and paper, or a digital pen and a Wacom tablet, and I’m a happy man. So whatever job involves drawing, I will throw myself into it with a lot of passion. I was born and raised in Italy. After an MA in Architecture, I moved to London where I worked for years on 3D stuff, like furniture and products. But my childhood love for comic books led me to a new career as illustrator when I started my first series of Gus & Waldo books. The natural step after that was animation. So here is a few things I do nowadays: - comic books and cartoons - creation of graphic art for books, editorials, advertising, album covers etc - production of animation and graphic packages for TV and web, from title sequences to adverts and short films
- DISPATCHES: THE COST OF CHEAP ALCOHOLDispatches: The Cost Of Cheap Alcohol Infographics for a Channel 4 Dispatches programme on cheap booze culture. The colour palette was based on beer yellow/orange hues in different shades and with touches of browns and blacks. This specific clip refers to a statistic model elaborated by the University of Sheffield about the possible effects of a law on Minimum Unit Pricing, which was proposed but then rejected by Parliament.
- I've beaten Covid19A self-initiated project: a badge to declare victory in my battle against the horrid coronavirus. It's my way of saying that we can win this war and to convey a positive message of hope. I decided to give free permission to use and/or share this image to anybody in order to spread the message as much as possible.
- Digital Fiction FestivalThis new Italian festival showcasing a curated selection of the best TV drama (the word 'fiction' is used in Italy for serial drama) from around the world, asked me to create their branding: design their logo and image, including posters and programmes, and produce a whole animated trailer. As the specific angle of the festival is for TV drama viewed digitally (streaming or downloading), I turned the letters DFF into the symbols for PLAY and FAST-FORWARD, to signify the viewer's control over the
- FoodlesMy ongoing Instagram project: a series of humourous cartoons that mix photos of food and freehand illustrations. The name is a word play: food + doodles = foodles This self-initiated project has led me to do collaborations with international food brands such as Kellogg's, Walls and Bauli, producing sponsored posts on my IG feed.
- ARTE PINGUINAA book about the secret masterpieces of the history of Art. From Leonardo to Titian, Hokusai to Calder, Monet to Warhol, all the most iconic art pieces have been "penguinised" by Gus & Waldo (the penguins protagonists of my first three books), in a mock collection of the MoPA, the Museum of Penguin Art. This is my declaration of love to Art and its masters, a divertissement for all art lovers and a humour book for anybody. An artr exhibition of limited edition prints and real 3D installations wa
+ Show more
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Motion Graphics
- Product Design
- Concept Design
- Graphic Design
- Editorial Illustration
- Food Design
- Food Knowledge
- Graphic Novels
- Food Illustration
Audience AwardIRIS Animation FestivalWinner at IRIS Animation Festival, Rio de Janeiro with the animated short "The Gus & Waldo Show".
+ Show more