With more than 24 years of design experience (the last 9 of which were at Creative Director level), my background lies in driving the design and execution of forward-thinking, inspirational, cutting edge creative campaigns and services. My work includes in-house, agency and freelance art direction, with a history of leading print, interactive, multi-disciplinary and digital design projects to acclaimed completion. I have worked on branding, marketing, advertising, product launch and campaigns for a multitude of diverse global brands and companies, including GSK, BP, Rolls Royce, Costa, Deloitte and Google, as well as a host of start-up and mid-size businesses.
+ Show more
- Shire: Beacon EHS App LauchGlobal EHS incident tracking tool launch With a renewed focus on EHS issues in keeping with current global corporate trends, Shire engaged the services of a mobile app-based recording and reporting tool. We were commissioned to develop a naming convention and a launch look-and-feel and roll this out across a comms package. This included plasma screens, banners and introductory animations to help engage a reluctant workforce and embed Beacon at a DNA level, increasing reporting and recording of
- Oakman Inns: Recruitment CampaignAn independent chain of inns and eateries, with an enviable reputation for quality service and beautiful and unusual venues, needed a recruitment campaign to ensure the quality of the applicants lived up to the expectations and high standards established across the Oakman chain.
- Google: Electrical Safety CampaignData centre engineers are working with high voltage systems that present a constant risk of potentially fatal arc-flash shocks. We were commissioned to develop our Distractions campaign and present an engaging suite of posters to address fundamental safety points that could save lives.
- Drinkaware: Club Crew Training MaterialsWe supported the client in developing an interactive training package that could be scaled up to meet growing demand around the country. The workshops were created to train crew who worked in a variety of different alcohol-related environments, including clubs, festivals and on the street. Materials were designed to engage a diverse demographic audience in what to do and what not to do in their role, and importantly, how to stay safe themselves while working.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Matt Hodgson“Fuck!” The stifling air of the silent apartment became gelatine, everything stopped. Even the transient lights that danced across the ceiling, cast by the occasional wayward cab in the street below, seemed to pause in unison with three, simultaneous sharp intakes of breath. Eight years of meticulous planning, the lives of two close friends, that hideous debacle in New York, everything they’d worked for hung, teetering on the edge of the table along with the only thing in the world that curren1
- Farnham, United KingdomFull Time
Following a decision to bring creative support in house, I was brought on board to establish a creative offering that complimented our enviable reputation as a go-to consultancy in employee engagement, internal communications, behaviour change and learning. Clients range from large international corporations including GSK, Rolls-Royce, BP, BAT, Shire, Deloitte and Google to smaller companies such as Specsavers and JELF as well as public sector entities such as DfE and DWP. The work spans multi-channel, multi-phase (and occasionally multi-language) projects from materials supporting face-to-face workshops, conference collateral, e-learning solutions, animations, guidebooks and microsites through to small one-off pieces such as program identities and guidelines to ensure consistent internal application, training materials and single-issue communications campaigns.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Creative Direction
- Art Direction
- Abobe Creative Suite
- Client Liaison
- Project Management
- Graphic Design
- Team Building
- UI Design
- Elearning Design