I’ve started two award winning creative businesses; I’ve helped organisations run and win game-changing pitches; I’ve designed, managed and developed strategy and innovation teams for top-tier agencies; I’ve helped brands move away from advertising and towards service ecosystems; I’ve helped teams redesign their culture and businesses redefine their outputs; I’ve established communities which have achieved the amazing: from creating global collaborative art to supporting the new independent workers; and designed and built a number of products from problem to prototype and beyond. i approach all of my work with four behaviours in mind: curiosity [what is possible], connection [what already exists], action [what can we do] and reflection [what did it achieve], and as a manager - my aim is to enable people to do better, rather than dictate what should happen. beyond paid work - i’m a keen advocate of the new work movement; have founded a global community called Leapers; am currently developing a platform to improve the mental health of independent workers; and earlier this year launched manualof.me - a product to share how you work best with others. i’m a father of two daughters and a coffee nerd.
- Resources for the self-employed and coronavirusWhilst the world braces for the impact of the emerging pandemic of COVID-19 caused by Coronavirus, people are looking towards remote-working whilst self-quarantined or enforced isolation, and the self-employed are preparing for the impact the outbreak may have on their ability to work. We are collecting and creating resources around the topic for anyone who finds them useful, not just the self-employed - with a focus on maintaining positive mental health under challenging times. Please do let u
- No More Watercooler - stories of freelancing and mental health.A new podcast project from Leapers. Conversations with modern workers about freelancing, the reality of self-employment, the highs, lows and bits in-between of working for yourself. We ask a simple question each week: "How are you?" and explore the answer. You'll not be hearing from billion dollar entrepreneurs, there's no 'crushing it' stories of success here, just honest, raw and open accounts of what it's really like - in the hope that anyone who wants to work differently, can gather insi
Projects credited in
- Manual of Me: At Home edition.We've started building little tools which helps us stay connected whilst working apart, for our Leapers project. Not productivity, but relationship building. They're all designed to make sure we don't miss out on all the small little interactions with your team, the serendipity of discovering things about your workmates, and building stronger connections. The first went live this morning, which I think might be a lovely thing to do in communities like The Dots.4
- How are we doing? A report into freelancing and mental health.In the summer of 2019, I undertook a research project to understand the impact of freelancing on mental health. It's been an undertaking - learning how to design, conduct and analyse research, and then present it in a meaningful way - plus the insights I uncovered will be instrumental helping me to focus efforts for the Leapers community in 2020 and beyond.1
- Work Together for Mental HealthThis year, we're asking all freelancers to work together for Mental Health. On October 10, between 10a-12pm, go sit somewhere, invite your freelance friends, and work together for the morning. We know that 45% of freelancers have felt poor mental health has impacted their ability to work, but even small actions like working together with others can dramatically improve that number. Sign up for more information at https://leapers.co/work-together2
+ Show more
strategy and innovation partnerfoxlark
London, United KingdomFull Time
leading transformation, strategy and innovation projects for clients including Klarna, adidas, ChecklandKindleysides and Local Industries.
head of strategy and innovationCarat UK
- London, United KingdomFull Time
led agency strategy function; redesigned agency culture with 97% engagement; developed agency-wide strategy programmes creating incremental revenue; led global multi-million pound pitches; led client strategy and innovation workstreams across multiple clients; coached and mentored; created internal IP and product.
+ Show more
- Strategy Consulting
- Innovation Strategy
- Brand Strategy
- Culture Change
- Team Leadership