I'm an award-winning journalist currently producing digital videos for Instagram, covering global stories relevant for young audiences. I can offer a unique perspective on current affairs given my international background and upbringing.
+ Show more
- George Floyd: where did the global donations go?I wrote a long-form text piece delving in to what happened to the millions of dollars that Minnesota organisations received after George Floyd's death. We all saw the viral posts encouraging us to donate to causes, celebrities and public figures doing it too, but where was the money spent? Check out my piece at this link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57285779
- Ramadan 2021I presented, produced, and edited a multimedia series across BBC platforms to mark the start of Ramadan - the holy Islamic month of fasting. This included an online text piece answering some of the trending Google searches around the month. I created an Instagram Reels that has had almost 80,000 views on BBC Minute's Instagram page. Finally, I filmed and presented Instagram stories that featured on the main BBC News IG account.
- Yemen weekI produced a week of Instagram content around Yemen's humanitarian crisis. This included a digital video I produced and edited remotely with three under-25s in Yemen talking about their future , daily Insta stories, and hosting an IG live with four guests including Jade Thirlwall from Little Mix (of Yemeni heritage and keen to raise awareness). Link to video here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFw9n4RF_Yc/
- 'Losing my job as a Bangladeshi garment worker'I interviewed Sonia, an 18-year-old garment worker in Bangladesh who lost her job because of Covid-19. When global lockdowns caused shops to close, brands cancelled billions of dollars in orders. Clothing sales fell, factories closed down and workers were left without jobs. Sonia spoke to me about her struggles to pay for food or rent.
- IWD IG Live 2021I hosted an Instagram Live for BBC Minute for International Women's Day. I hosted three amazing guests with big social media presences, Maria Jose Evia in Mexico, Bontle Moloi in South Africa, and Priyanka Chaudhray Raina in India. Topics we discussed included women's mental health, period poverty, and resilience. We were joined by 45,000 viewers from across the world including China, El Salvador and Kenya.
- Rihanna offends Muslims at Fenty lingerie showI wrote an explainer piece for BBC Newsbeat on the controversy surrounding Rihanna using an Islamic verse in a song during her Fenty lingerie runway show. I picked up criticism on social media and many misunderstandings of what a 'hadith' was and why it was offending Muslims. Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-54441163
London, United KingdomFull Time
Presenting, producing, and managing the BBC Minute Instagram page which provides young global audiences with news that's easily digestible. I've presented hour-long Instagram lives with multiple guests on topics like Ramadan during lockdown, mental health, and the Yemen crisis. I also edit digital videos for Instagram and the BBC News website on global protests, racial inequality, and gender rights.
- Cambridge, United KingdomFull Time
I worked as a reporter on the 6.30pm BBC Look East news programme, reporting on topics like FGM, hate crime, and student issues. I gained experience in presenting live tops and tails, presenting the 8pm bulletin live from the studio, and editing TV and digital news packages.
+ Show more
- Video Scriptwriting
- Digital Journalism
- Social Media
- Video Journalism
- Video Editing