I'm an award-winning journalist currently producing digital videos for Instagram, covering global stories relevant for young audiences. I can offer a unique perspective on current affairs given my international background and upbringing.
+ Show more
- British Afgans open up about how they feel right nowI interviewed two British Afghans given the current crisis in Afghanistan right now about how they feel. I spoke to former Miss England Hammasa Kohistani and Marina Khan from jewellery and clothing brand Avizeh. Both were extremely emotional interviews but want the world to understand the suffering of Afghan people right now. Link to read here: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/british-afghans-speak-about-afghanistan-taliban-conflict_uk_611a74a4e4b07b9118ad7bf1
- George Floyd: where did the global donations go?I wrote a long-form text piece delving in to what happened to the millions of dollars that Minnesota organisations received after George Floyd's death. We all saw the viral posts encouraging us to donate to causes, celebrities and public figures doing it too, but where was the money spent? Check out my piece at this link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57285779
- Ramadan 2021I presented, produced, and edited a multimedia series across BBC platforms to mark the start of Ramadan - the holy Islamic month of fasting. This included an online text piece answering some of the trending Google searches around the month. I created an Instagram Reels that has had almost 80,000 views on BBC Minute's Instagram page. Finally, I filmed and presented Instagram stories that featured on the main BBC News IG account.
- Yemen weekI produced a week of Instagram content around Yemen's humanitarian crisis. This included a digital video I produced and edited remotely with three under-25s in Yemen talking about their future , daily Insta stories, and hosting an IG live with four guests including Jade Thirlwall from Little Mix (of Yemeni heritage and keen to raise awareness). Link to video here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFw9n4RF_Yc/
- 'Losing my job as a Bangladeshi garment worker'I interviewed Sonia, an 18-year-old garment worker in Bangladesh who lost her job because of Covid-19. When global lockdowns caused shops to close, brands cancelled billions of dollars in orders. Clothing sales fell, factories closed down and workers were left without jobs. Sonia spoke to me about her struggles to pay for food or rent.
+ View all
- London, United KingdomFull Time
I report on trending stories across news for a young, diverse audience as an Audience Engagement Reporter. I break down complex new stories so they are easy to digest for digital audiences. I also work across HuffPost UK's social channels.
+ Show more
- Video Scriptwriting
- Digital Journalism
- Social Media
- Video Journalism
- Video Editing