I'm a freelance copywriter and journalist, which means I construct seemingly effortless sentences so you don't have to. Find my words in The Sunday Times Magazine, TimeOut London, SUITCASE Magazine and Courier. I write B2B and B2C content, ranging from topical articles and blog posts to corporate salary reports, CR brochures and advice pieces targeting start-ups and SMEs. I'm well-versed in using style guides and adopting a brand tone of voice where required. A versatile and comprehensive writer, my work incorporates anything from internal comms newsletters, corporate reports and VO scripts, to topical articles, interviews and personal essays. For more information on my copywriting services, please visit: www.natalieclairebaker.com For a full list of my journalism credentials, please visit: https://muckrack.com/natalie-baker-2 Need a skilled copywriter? Get in touch!
- How it feels to ... forgive an unfaithful mum on Mother’s DayA decade ago Natalie Baker discovered her mother was having an affair — the first of many. At first she cut her off. Now she explains how fury evolved into absolution. Originally published in The Sunday Times Magazine – https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-it-feels-to-forgive-an-unfaithful-mum-on-mothers-day-bhc6gmltj
- RICE, RUM AND BEANS: A VEGAN TOUR OF CUBAArticle here: https://suitcasemag.com/travel/explore/rice-rum-beans-vegan-tour-cuba/ Cuban cuisine is much more than rice, rum and beans. As the country caters to tourists and embraces global food trends, the scarcity of imports and abundance of local produce mean that vegan fare is among Cuba’s best gastronomic offerings. The Cuban diet Welcome to Cuba: land of rice, rum and beans. More and more tourists are flocking to this colourful and mysterious country that promises decaying buildings,
- IS AIRBNB SPARKING A NEW CUBAN REVOLUTION?Article here: https://suitcasemag.com/travel/stories/airbnb-sparking-new-cuban-revolution/ Tourism is on the rise in Cuba, with 5.1 million international visitors expected in 2019. As the inequality widens between government workers and entrepreneurs, we investigate the impact of Airbnb’s “sharing economy” on the island. Cuba: hot right now In recent years, Cuba has seen an exponential rise in popularity among international tourists. The Caribbean island is flooding with holidaymakers – Europ
- A ROOM OF ONE’S OWN: DOES WHERE YOU DO YOUR WRITING MATTER?"Cultivating the idea for a novel is one thing, but having the perseverance to keep at it, to work away at the words, carving out characters and imagining entire worlds and spaces that only exist in the author’s head? That’s a whole other matter." http://forbookssake.net/2018/05/24/a-room-of-ones-own/
+ View all
Projects credited in
- How to sponsor a Bloody Good Period at Christmas, flo ho ho!Bloody Good Period was started by Gabby Edlin who decided something needed to be done about the fact that very few food banks and asylum seeker drop-in centres were providing feminine hygiene products on a regular basis - despite a desperate need.16
Copywriter & EditorFreelance
London, United KingdomFreelance
I’m a freelance copywriter and editor based in London. My recent clients include The Open University, CIPD, Igloo Books and Stratton Craig. I've written copy for a number of brands and companies including Moss Bros, Unbiased, Pure Search and The Open University. I'm particularly interested in working with smaller businesses and start-ups in the creative and charity sectors.
+ Show more
- Creative Writing
- Academic Editing
- Content Editing
- Project Management
- Article Research
- Article Writing
- Blog Writing
- CMS Experience
- Social Media
American LiteratureSUNY New Paltz (Upstate New York)
- 1 Hawk Dr, New Paltz, NY 12561, USA
Study Abroad Programme Theatre, Creative Writing, American Literature and Women in Art and Culture.